CS Wind announced today that CS Wind is planning to build a new offshore tower manufacturing facility at Campbeltown in Scotland after a multi-million pound investment by DONG Energy.
RenewableUK’s Executive Director, Emma Pinchbeck, has responded to the decision that will safeguard 70 jobs:
“Offshore wind is already delivering major economic benefits to the UK. Today’s news highlights the fact that this industry iscreating highly skilled, sustainable jobs in Britain.
Offshore wind developers are committed to bringing industrial benefits to the UK. Building turbine towers in Britain is a big part of this.
- Friends Of The Earth React To News That 2016 Is Hottest Year On Record
- Industry Appeals With Government To ‘Remove Barriers For Energy Storage’
- Independent Review Backs Plans For Tidal Lagoon Project
- Tidal To Play An Important Role In Clean Power According To FoE
- UK-GBC Propose Increased Power To Cities For New-Build Housing Developments
Renewable energy is key part of the modern global economy, so the British offshore wind industry as a whole is looking just not at supplying innovative projects in UK waters, but also at opportunities to export around the world”.