Julie Davenport OBE, Good Energy Chief Executive, responded to the news that there was an increase in UK electricity from renewables.
The amount of UK electricity that came from renewables was 25.1% in Q1 2016, this is up from 22.8% in Q1 2015.
“Yet again renewables are really showing their worth and are leading the way when it comes to making the UK more energy secure in the future.
“With over 81% of the British public backing cleaner, greener sources of power, it’s clear that the UK wants to see a transition to a renewable future here in the UK. The government needs to look at this success and take the lead in seizing new opportunities and keep us on the path to decarbonisation.”
- Couple Using Almost All The Energy They Generate Thanks To Tesla Powerwall
- Leading International Asset Owners Launch Climate Change Investment Initiative
- Scotland Leads In Minimizing UK Electricity’s ‘Climate Impact’
- End Of December Sees Trio Of New Wind Energy Records
- Scotland Called to Set 50% Renewable All Energy Target after “Landmark” year
The publication can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/energy-trends-section-6-renewables