ScottishPower Renewables CEO, Keith Anderson, has suggested that onshore wind development will come to a halt in 2017 if UK Government doesn’t quickly commit to its future.
Senior Policy Manager at Scottish Renewables, Lindsay Roberts, has responded to this claim:
“Onshore wind is already one of the cheapest and most popular forms of power generation. However the UK Government has locked future development out of the energy market.
“The Committee on Climate Change, their own advisors, say if we are to stand any chance of meeting our climate change targets we need to at least double our renewable energy capacity.
- WWF Scotland Praise New Energy Strategy
- Friends Of The Earth Scotland Respond To Scotland’s Energy Strategy
- ‘Landmark Moment’ For Industry Welcomed By Scottish Renewables
- Cost Of Offshore Wind Farm’s Power Drops 32% In Five Years, Friends Of The Earth Respond
- A Step Towards Change By The Industrial Strategy
“So it’s vital that the UK Government tells us what the future of onshore wind is going to be and that they simply allow it to compete in that energy market.”