Scottish Renewables have today (13 Oct) responded to news that Scotrenewables Tidal Power Limited has installed the world’s most powerful tidal turbine on its moorings in Orkney for the first time.
Lindsay Roberts, Senior Policy Manager at Scottish Renewables, said:
“This announcement from ScotRenewables is a major leap forward for the company, and one of which they’re rightly proud.
The first installation of the world’s most powerful tidal turbine is yet another milestone for the sector.
- Greenpeace Reaction To Government’s Industrial Strategy Statement
- Experts Say Scotland Has Chance To Transform Energy Sector
- New Report Reveals Banks Aren’t Doing Enough To Fight Climate Change
- Redmoor Academy Opens Ultra Sustainable ‘Amazing Building’
- Friends Of The Earth Climate Warning For Donald Trump
“The first installation of the world’s most powerful tidal turbine is yet another milestone for the sector in Scotland, and shows that with determination and skill even a small team can produce amazing things.
“It’s also great to see the local supply chain in action, with Green Marine, winner of the Best Supplier Award at the Scottish Green Energy Awards 2015, once again showing they’re one of the leaders in their field.”