DONG Energy has today agreed to enter into a long-term contract to provide operation and maintenance (‘O&M’) services to Lincs Offshore Wind Farm (’Lincs’), a 270MW offshore wind farm located off the coast of North East Lincolnshire and fully operational since 1 August 2013.
Centrica and Siemens Project Ventures have today announced the sale of their combined 75% stake in Lincs to UK Green Investment Bank Financial Services managed entities and the UK Green Investment Bank plc (jointly referred to as ‘GIB’). As part of this transaction, DONG Energy, owner of the remaining 25%, has agreed with GIB to take over the operatorship of Lincs from Centrica for 15 years beginning after a 12-month transitional period post sale completion.
Jens Jakobsson, Senior Vice President, Operations at DONG Energy Wind Power, said:
“We’re delighted to become O&M service provider to Lincs. It will be the first time we take over O&M of an operating wind farm, which we haven’t constructed ourselves.
- Centrica, Owner Of British Gas, Funding Climate Denial Group Linked To Trump
- First Blade Leading Edge Erosion Measurement Campaign Delivered By Catapult
- Centrica boss criticises UK’s ‘paradox’ power policy
- Citigroup: ‘big six’ to lose a quarter of customers by 2020
- Rosneft and Norway’s Statoil team up for Arctic drilling despite sanctions on Russia
We’re now looking forward to further strengthening our relationship with the Green Investment Bank
“I wish to thank Centrica and Siemens for a great partnership on Lincs. We’re now looking forward to further strengthening our relationship with the Green Investment Bank, which is also our partner in the Westermost Rough Offshore Wind Farm.”
DONG Energy currently provides O&M service to 16 offshore wind farms across the UK, Germany and Denmark.
Facts about Lincs
- With its 75 Siemens 3.6MW wind turbines, Lincs is a 270MW offshore wind farm located 5 nautical miles off the coast of Skegness in East England.
- Construction of the wind farm started in 2010 and was managed by Centrica.
- The wind farm was officially opened on 1 August 2013.