ClientEarth lawyer Alan Andrews has today responded to an announcement consultation on a Ultra Low Emission Zone for London, by Mayor, Sadiq Khan.
Alan Andrews released the following statement:
“The Mayor has taken another big step in the right direction with this announcement. We welcome his proposal to introduce an expanded Ultra Low Emission Zone in 2019. However, we also want to see other options on the table, such as expanding the zone to the whole of greater London and restricting access to central London to zero emission vehicles.
We welcome his proposal to introduce an expanded Ultra Low Emission Zone in 2019.
- Clean Air Cases Launched In EU: Brussels Is Next Target
- ClientEarth Reaction To DfT Sustainability Report
- There Could Be Dirty Air For Decades Due To UK Government’s Faulty Projections
- UK Toxic Air Pollution Levels Rise as Temperatures Increase
- ClientEarth Respond to VW Report from Transport Select Committee
Today’s announcement sends a clear message to the government that it needs to get a grip with this public health crisis. This is a national problem that needs a national solution. That is why we are taking them back to court next week.”