Friends of the Earth nature campaigner Sandra Bell has reacted to a review published today in Nature warning that pollinators face numerous threats that must be addressed to safeguard their contribution to human well-being, with the following statements.
“Governments across the world must act on this stark warning from scientists and take far tougher action to protect our bees and other pollinators, which are crucial for our food security and well-being.
Intensive farming is a key threat, which the UK government must address as part of its Brexit strategy
“Intensive farming is a key threat, which the UK government must address as part of its Brexit strategy.
- Bees: EU Food Watchdog Delays Neonic Pesticide Safety Review
- Ten Policies To Protect Vital Pollinators Revealed By Scientists
- UK Public Strongly Support EU Rules To Protect Bees And Nature
- British People In Favour Of Protecting Bees with EU Rules, According To YouGov Survey
- NFU Application To Use Banned Bee-harming Pesticides Rejected By Government
“Ministers must restore the habitat bees need, bring back more wildflowers to our farmland and drastically reduce pesticide-use on our fields – including keeping the current EU ban on neonicotinoid insecticides.”