Stephanie Pfeifer, CEO, IIGCC has today responded to the UK ratification of the Paris Agreement at the COP 22 in Marrakech.
“Institutional Investors across Europe welcome the UK Government’s ratification of the Paris Agreement today. This encouraging announcement can only help sustain the ‘Spirit of Paris’ and the momentum behind the international consensus to drive substantial action on climate change.
This encouraging announcement can only help sustain the ‘Spirit of Paris’
“It is also another important marker on the journey where investors urge all countries to ratify the Paris Agreement.
- Hope For Climate Change Action Following Speech From Chinese President
- Friends Of The Earth Climate Warning For Donald Trump
- Climate Plan Welcomed By Campaigners But There Is Still More Work To Be Done
- EIB & Belfius Sign Two Agreements Aimed At Smart & Sustainable Investment And Combat Climate Change
- ECIU React To Trump’s Environmental Protection Agency Appointment
“Likewise, it is well timed to coincide with today’s High Level Ministerial Dialogue on Climate Finance at COP22 in Marrakesh, a crucial plenary where Parties must develop a long term vision sufficient to secure the pace and scale of climate finance required to realise the low carbon transition in emerging and developing countries.”