Stephanie Pfeifer, CEO, IIGCC has today responded to the UK ratification of the Paris Agreement at the COP 22 in Marrakech.
“Institutional Investors across Europe welcome the UK Government’s ratification of the Paris Agreement today. This encouraging announcement can only help sustain the ‘Spirit of Paris’ and the momentum behind the international consensus to drive substantial action on climate change.
This encouraging announcement can only help sustain the ‘Spirit of Paris’
“It is also another important marker on the journey where investors urge all countries to ratify the Paris Agreement.
- EIB & Belfius Sign Two Agreements Aimed At Smart & Sustainable Investment And Combat Climate Change
- ECIU React To Trump’s Environmental Protection Agency Appointment
- Greener UK Coalition Highlight “Once In A Generation Opportunity” Following Brexit
- ET Index Report Underlines Advantages Of Investing In Carbon-Efficient Companies
- Cement Sector Still Obstructing EU Climate Policy Says New Research
“Likewise, it is well timed to coincide with today’s High Level Ministerial Dialogue on Climate Finance at COP22 in Marrakesh, a crucial plenary where Parties must develop a long term vision sufficient to secure the pace and scale of climate finance required to realise the low carbon transition in emerging and developing countries.”