WWF Scotland director Lang Banks has responded to the news that North Sea decommissioning is set to grow steadily in UK and Norway over next ten years.
“With the right kind of support from politicians, Scotland could secure a big slice of the employment and economic opportunities highlighted in this report from cleaning up after the North Sea oil and gas industry.
In the interests of tackling climate change, we need to see a sensible transition away from fossil fuels
“In the interests of tackling climate change, we need to see a sensible transition away from fossil fuels, harnessing the skills of those currently employed in the sector in clean energy technologies as well as decommissioning.
- Industry Appeals With Government To ‘Remove Barriers For Energy Storage’
- Independent Review Backs Plans For Tidal Lagoon Project
- Tidal To Play An Important Role In Clean Power According To FoE
- UK-GBC Propose Increased Power To Cities For New-Build Housing Developments
- Power To 9 Million UK Homes Could Come From Tidal Lagoons
“If done right it could herald the start of a whole new chapter in the economy of the North Sea.”