Changes at Alliance Trust
Turbulent times at Dundee-based, sustainable investment trendsetter, Alliance Trust. In a long-running boardroom struggle, Elliot Advisers seems to have forced a restructure by, as FT’s Jonathan Guthrie put it: “blending US activism and traditional UK shareholder pressure.”
Katherine Garrett-Cox CBE, who left a £160bn fund at Morley in 2007, for the then £2.1bn Dundee firm, becoming CEO in 2008, has stepped aside to run the fund management division.
Here’s a round-up of the trending financial press commentary:
- Morningstar looks at: “What the Changes at Alliance Trust Mean for Shareholders.” More.
- Citywire reports that: CEO “Garrett-Cox to step down from Alliance Trust board.” More.
- Environmental Finance points out that: “Alliance Trust demotes CEO but keeps its faith in sustainability”. More.
- The Guardian says: “Alliance Trust develops a talent for compromise, at last.” More.
- While the FT says: “Elliptical activism claims scalp of Alliance’s Garrett-Cox,” More.
- The Dundee Courier, The Independent, Aberdeen Press & Journal and Daily Telegraph also comment.
You can also read an Environmental Finance interview with Peter Michaelis, who remains as head of equities, here.
Register with Blue and Green
To leave a comment on this article, fill in your details below to register, alternatively if you are already registered you can login here