Sustainable Innovation Forum 2015 alongside COP21, Paris
The Sustainable Innovation Forum 2015 (SIF15) is the UN Environment Programme’s official event at COP21. Now in its 6th year the forum has a track record of facilitating partnerships between businesses, governments, the UN and NGOs to accelerate climate change solutions and bring scale to low carbon innovation.
For 2015, to underline Climate Action and UNEP’s commitment to fostering innovation, they have extended SIF to two days to bring the freshest young talent and cutting-edge innovation to the fore. This will be achieved by collaborating with knowledge centres, innovation think tanks and universities to create a platform to cultivate and advance young talent within the sustainable innovation space.
To ensure inclusive voices on the agenda, and in line with UNEP’s multi-stakeholder dialogue, speakers will include representative voices from business, public sector, UN bodies, NGO, youth, faith and indigenous peoples.
The conference will be live streamed as well as have live Twitter Q&A with our leading speakers throughout the 2 days, to ensure engagement with those who cannot join directly.
– 750+ attendees – the largest number of global stakeholders at any commercially-inclusive side event at COP21
International attendance – meet decision makers from across the globe with delegates spanning 43 countries at SIF14
– Over 80 world class speakers including country Ministers, industry CEOs and international thought leaders
Interactive discussion panels throughout the event, allowing for in-depth debate via audience questions and polls
– Workshops and co-located events maximising content and networking opportunities throughout the two days
This year’s speaker line up now includes:
– Achim Steiner, Under Secretary- General, UN and Executive Director, UNEP
– Tine Sundtoft, Minister of Climate and Environment, Norway
– Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, Minister of Environment, Peru
– Tim Groser, Minister Responsible for International Climate Change Negotiations, New Zealand
– Maria Helena Semedo, Deputy Director General, Food & Agriculture Organisation UN (FAO)
– Marco Lambertini, Director General, WWF International
– Peter Schwarzenbauer, Member of the Board of Management, BMW Group
– Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, President, Iceland
– Ingrid Bonde, Chief Financial Officer and Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Vattenfall
– Jonathan Taylor, Vice-President responsible for Environment and Climate Action, European Investment Bank (EIB)
The event expects to receive over 8,000 pre-registrations for SIF15, from which they will select 800 high level delegates. Register here.
Register with Blue and Green
To leave a comment on this article, fill in your details below to register, alternatively if you are already registered you can login here