We’re hiring a trainee sales executive
Up to £18,000 + bonus (OTE £36k+) – highly flexible, home-based role.
Our mission is to support the growth of sustainable companies by getting our readers to buy from, and invest in, those companies that balance the needs of planet, people and prosperity.
We need a sales executive to be responsible for selling sponsorship and advertising packages into the UK’s leading sustainable investment, renewable energy, ethical retail, responsible travel companies and to the UK’s leading advertising agencies.
Launched in 2010, Blue & Green Tomorrow is the fastest growing sustainability magazine in the UK. Our audience is more affluent than the Financial Times’ and is rising by 10% per month.
– Identify potential sponsors and advertisers that meet our sustainability criteria
– Arrange sales appointments both individually and with our founder
– Cultivate and maintain good professional and personal relationships with customers and agencies
– Maintain a regular dialogue with your clients and deliver high levels of service
– Maintain up-to-date knowledge of sector, products and competitors
– Develop strong relationships with key clients and agencies and will be their point of contact for all multimedia advertising
Our founder Simon Leadbetter is a serial entrepreneur, blue chip financial corporation marketer with media roles at Northcliffe, Daily Telegraph, The Guardian and Emap. If you want to work in media, this will be the springboard to amazing things.
We are looking for:
An exceptional graduate with an interest in media sales. You need to be highly computer literate (familiar with CRM technology), possess strong analytical and numerical skills, and have a professional telephone manner.
– Word perfect (spelling & grammar) first time, every time – accurate, elegant and clear writing under pressure
– Basic curiosity and resourcefulness, proactive, independent, and able to use your initiative
– Highly numerate – an appreciation of the importance of data, facts and figures
– Have a real interest in working in environmental and ethical problems
– An awareness of how social media works and how social networks relate to news and newsgathering
– Have lots and lots of energy, be excited by our mission, keen to be involved and learn more about sustainability
The small print:
The probationary salary is living wage (£13,559pa, £7.45ph for 35 hours per week)
Upon successful completion of probation, the full-time role will pay up to £18,000 + commission (OTE £36k+)
Send a short email explaining who you are and why you would be a perfect fit for the role, your CV to email@example.com. All docs in MS Word 1997-2003.
We will invite successful applicants to a telephone interview.
Closing date: 10th June 2013
Register with Blue and Green
To leave a comment on this article, fill in your details below to register, alternatively if you are already registered you can login here