- Is GDP Inextricably Linked With Corporate Giving?Studies show that gross domestic product (GDP) has a direct influence on the state of philanthropy in the United States, but are the two inextricably linked? ... read more
- Biomass subsidies ‘not fit for purpose’, says Chatham House
- Shorten attacks Coalition for energy “vandalism”, affirms 50% targetOpposition leader Bill Shorten has accused the Coalition government of policy vandalism on energy, and committed to an emissions intensity scheme that he insists will deliver Labor’s target of 50 per cent renewables in the ... read more
- BYD seeks 25% share of Australia battery storage marketChina's biggest EV and energy storage company targeting 25% share of Australian battery market, with new B-Box product range. ... read more
- Tesla says Model 3 electric sedan on track, but results back in redUS EV and battery maker says mass-market Model 3 electric sedan on schedule to begin production in July. ... read more
- California’s SimpliPhi latest to plug into Australian battery storage marketAs regulators consider strict new guidelines for Australian home battery installations, US battery maker SimpliPhi is making its move, keen to promote the key strengths of its proprietary technology – safety, reliability and flexibility. ... read more
- German battery maker Sonnen offers “free power” for slice of Australian electricity marketGerman battery maker Sonnen hopes to use its new solar and storage “free” electricity deal to muscle in on Australia’s peaking power market. ... read more
- Big solar market headed for “huge” 2017, as costs continue to plungeClimate Council confirms solar now cheapest new power generation, predicts huge year for big solar – not to mention solar and battery storage. ... read more
- Greensync launches world-first exchange to trade stored household solar powerIndustry and govt set to pilot Decentralised Energy Exchange – “deX” – for trading locally generated and stored rooftop solar power to support the grid. ... read more
- EIA’s Short-Term Global Oil Demand Outlook Considers the Role of Economic ActivityOil plays a crucial role in the global economy—from the production of goods to the transportation of people and freight. For this reason, economic activity and oil consumption tend to move together, particularly in developing ... read more
- 8 out of 10 Victorians support renewable energy target, poll findsNew polling shows that the vast majority of Victorians expect state and federal government leadership to cut pollution and support renewable energy. ... read more
- Redflow applauds grid approval for Victron inverterRedflow has welcomed news that Victron Energy’s MultiGrid 48/3000 battery inverter is now approved for connection to the Australian electricity grid. ... read more
- Liquid hydrogen may be way forward for sustainable air travelLiquid hydrogen seems to be a realistic option for what is probably the most problematic of transportation modes in terms of sustainability, future air travel. ... read more
- Vestas reclaims top spot in annual ranking of wind turbine makersVestas leads a group of three major manufacturers, but a “big four” will emerge this year. ... read more
- This is what 4 million solar panels look like from spaceThe installation oatthe Longyangxia Dam Solar Park currently has the capacity to generate 850 megawatts of electricity, or enough to power roughly 140,000 U.S. homes. ... read more
- Politics of fear and anger has buried tradition of reform, says NAB chair Ken HenryFormer Treasury secretary urges Australian businesses to fill leadership vacuum left empty by politiciansFormer Treasury secretary Ken Henry has blasted Australia’s federal political leaders saying the reform agenda has been buried by the politics of ... read more
- Report: Heathrow expansion will create a ‘black hole’ in future carbon budgetsThe UK Government's lack of commentary on how it plans to mitigate the environmental impacts of the third runway expansion at Heathrow Airport could create a "black hole" in future carbon budgets, a new ... read more
- Deep sea life faces dark future due to warming and food shortageNew study reveals negative impact of climate change, human activity, acidification and deoxygenation on ocean and its creatures The deep ocean and the creatures that live there are facing a desperate future due to food ... read more
- Talons at noon as red kite pair topple the spareSandy Bedfordshire In an aerial tussle one raptor attacked from above until its opponent dropped so low it was groundedBy lunchtime the skies over rural Bedfordshire had become an arrivals and departures board. Thin white ... read more
- Police Are Evicting Standing Rock Protesters. Watch the Heartbreaking Live Footage.At around 3 p.m. today, North Dakota State Police, with the help of the National Guard and Wisconsin state police, began evicting protesters from the main #NoDAPL protest camp near the Standing Rock Sioux ... read more
- From Here to CircularityHear from Steelcase Director of Global Sustainability Angela Nahikian and Director of Global End-of-Use Services Dan Dicks on how the company has partnered with influencers beyond the sustainability department to develop and implement its circular economy ... read more
- How Cross Industry Collaboration Accelerates Supply Chain SustainabilityIncreasingly, supply chain partners are identifying areas of shared value and acting together to engage in innovative partnerships. International Paper and McDonald’s are leveraging their commitment to advance sustainable forestry and responsible sourcing through both ... read more
- Reinventing Corporate SustainabilityThe past year has seen a number of ambitious targets set, from Paris to Kigali - the next step is translating these objectives into reality. BSR President and CEO Aron Cramer explores what it will ... read more
- Special Announcement: The Sustainability Solutions CelebrationASU, with the help of some special guests, previews the Sustainability Solutions Celebration, presented as part of the Sustainability Solutions Festival hosted by the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability. ... read more
- Rethinking the Water Cycle for a Water Quality Constrained WorldGlobal water scarcity is a function of the compounding impacts of decreasing availability and declining quality. The impacts of these factors on business are complex and far reaching. Succeeding in a water quality constrained world ... read more
- Connecting Nature & People
- Can Re-greening the Planet Make Commercial Sense?Natural systems – forests, grasslands, and wetlands – can deliver over a third of the mitigation needed to meet the Paris Agreement’s 2 °C target, a critical biological bridge in the next two decades. Growth ... read more
- Sustainability in the Age of Trump
- Weaving Together Community and Corporate, One Thread at a TimeHear from Thread CEO Ian Rosenberger on how the company transforms trash from the poorest communities into the most responsible fabric on the planet, and how corporate partnerships are taking this impact to scale. ... read more
- Performance with PurposePepsiCo's foods and beverages appear in every corner of the globe. With such an expansive reach, there is tremendous opportunity for positive impact and engagement with consumers, retailers, farmers, investors, employees and the communities near ... read more
- Stuttgart (Germany) To Begin Selective Banning Of Diesel Cars During High-Pollution Periods In 2018
- Climate change threatens ecosystem collapses in ocean hot spots: studySource: Sydney Morning Herald - Six ocean hot spots that teem with the biggest mix of species are getting hit hardest by global warming and industrial fishing, an international study co-authored by an Australian scientist ... read more
- FAO says climate change main challenge to meeting food needs as world population growsSource: Global Times - Climate change is expected to be one of the main obstacles to feeding the world population, which is probably to top 10 billion by mid-century, according to a report on Wednesday ... read more
- Mozambique expands coal port lapped by rising seasSource: Climate Home - Dignitaries celebrate the expansion of Maputo port, but experts warn fossil fuelled climate change threatens development gains ... read more
- Can Australia’s wicked heat wave convince climate change deniers?Source: Deutsche Welle - Sydney's sweltering recent record high of 47 degrees Celsius has brought the reality of climate change into sharp focus for many Australians. Skepticism in the country is waning - quickly enough? ... read more
- Analysis: Singapore can’t afford to let oil exports lose edge despite carbon taxSource: Platts - Singapore will need to strike the right balance in implementing a planned carbon tax from 2019 to ensure its refining industry remains competitive as the sector faces headwinds from volatile margins, growing ... read more
- Tackling pollution, investing in renewables will help India’s economy: UNEP chief Erik SolheimSource: Business Standard - India has some of the most polluted cities in the world. It also needs to create jobs. So it is not rocket science to figure out that tackling pollution and shifting ... read more
- EU needs to shut all coal plants by 2030 to meet climate goalsSource: Deutsche Welle - All coal-fired power plants in the EU need to be shut down by 2030 in order to achieve the goals set at the Paris Agreement. ... read more
- Tesla Model 3 Progress, Gigafactories 1–5, Tesla Insurance … (Tesla 4th Quarter & 2016 Financials Call & Report)In what was likely the most anticipated earnings call ever for Tesla, the auto manufacturer / stationary storage manufacturer / full service solar provider / soon-to-be taxi service / autonomous vehicle technology company (and maybe ... read more
- 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid & Electric: First Drive ImpressionThe 2017 Hyundai Ioniq looks to be a serious contender in the affordable clean transportation sector, as buyers have the option of choosing from three different flavors — a hybrid, a plug-in hybrid, or a ... read more
- TesLab — New App That Allows Tesla Owners To Keep Close Track Of UseThose looking for a means of keeping close track of their use of their Tesla Model S or Model X may want to take a closer look at the TesLab app, which is currently in ... read more
- Peloton & Omnitracs Plan Semi-Truck Platooning Technology RolloutI've read a number of pieces in recent years speculating on the potential benefits of a large-scale rollout of semi-truck platooning technologies, most of which seemed to make convincing arguments. It seems we'll get a ... read more
- Are Maintenance Workers In China Using Drones With Flamethrowers To Clean Power Lines?
- 37% Of New Cars Sold In Norway Are EVs, Could Be 100% By 2025Around 37% of all new personal vehicles sold in Norway last month were plug-in electric vehicles, according to recent reports 37% Of New Cars Sold In Norway Are EVs, Could Be 100% By 2025 was ... read more
- 6,648 Spills From Fracked Oil & Gas Wells In Just 4 US States Over One DecadeThere were at least 6,648 spills (the number that were reported) at hydraulically fractured (fracked) oil and gas wells in the 4 US states of New Mexico, Colorado, North Dakota, and Pennsylvania between the years ... read more
Start-ups still have until 31st January 2017 to submit their entries for the international ‘Start...
The European Parliament's Environment Committee have voted to introduce EU-wide targets to reduce food waste...
In response to the release of Scotland’s first comprehensive Energy Strategy, Dr Richard Dixon, Director...
Scottish Renewables welcomed yesterday’s publication of the Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy, a detailed plan which...
IEMA, in response to the launch of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper, have welcomed...
In response to the report published yesterday, which revealed that the cost of power from...
In response to Monday’s announcement that ‘air audits’ will be conducted in 50 London Schools,...
While environmental concerns are mounting every year, demand for green solutions is growing at a record pace. According to a recent analysis, the green...
Tomorrow Blue & Green celebrates its 6th birthday – remember, remember the 5th of November...