- False Teeth [a cartoon from the Netherlands]
- The Nitty-Gritty Podcast: United By BlueOn Earth Day, Brian Linton talks balancing the books with a desire to help save the environment. ... read more
- 2017 SkS Weekly Climate Change & Global Warming News Roundup #16
- Toward a Politics of Ungovernability: Shutting Down American-Style AuthoritarianismBy Henry A. Giroux The horrors unfolding under the Trump administration are abetted by liberals who still believe that capitalism and democracy are synonymous, and who rush to support any act of aggression the ... read more
- ‘Chasing Trane: The John Coltrane Documentary’ Brings the Jazz Legend to LifeJohn Scheinfeld discusses his new film about the revered American saxophonist and composer on “This Is Happening.” Related Entries April 21, 2017 With Error Fixed, Evidence Against ‘Sarin Attack’ Remains Convincing April 21, ... read more
- Terranea Resort Shows Earth Day Spirt All Year LongI can't tell you the number of Earth Day press releases I've received from hotels and resorts touting their eco-conscious pledges and packages. This hotel stands out as legit. ... read more
- EXECUTIVE PERSPECTIVE: 100 words for 100 years on Earth DayBy Tim Nixon, Head of Sustainability Thought Leadership, Thomson Reuters | 22 April 2017 (Earth Day) We are at the threshold of deciding whether the inhabitants of our planet will […] ... read more
- Business Owners Share Clean Energy Success Stories [VIDEOS]In New Hampshire, the clean energy economy is at a crossroads. On one hand, the legislature and governor remain ambivalent at best about clean energy and its role in our state moving forward. But local ... read more
- With Error Fixed, Evidence Against ‘Sarin Attack’ Remains ConvincingBy Theodore A. Postol New results show even more strongly that a U.S. report on the incident in Syria was wrong. They also suggest that Donald Trump lacked information that justified a missile strike. ... read more
- Ajamu Baraka Stands Against ‘War, Repression and Imperialism’ With Black Alliance for Peace Project
- After #NoDAPL, ‘Water Protector’ Movement Continues With Resistance Camps Across U.S. (Video)“These camps are resisting against pipelines, oil, fossil fuel corporations, all these different industries that are ruining our water and polluting our land,” says Native American activist Raymond Kingfisher. Related Entries March 28, ... read more
- O’Reilly’s ExitBy Mike LuckovichRelated Entries April 21, 2017 After 2016’s Losses, Elizabeth Warren Tells Democrats: ‘Shame On Us’ April 21, 2017 A Shared Dream ... read more
- U.S. Authorities Target WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange for Prosecution
- The Cost of Russiagate
- 3p Weekend: United Can Learn From These Airlines About Customer ServiceUnited can look to some of its peers in the North American airline sector for a few pointers on how to treat customers well (beyond, you know, not physically assaulting them). ... read more
- Winter returns to Europe with a vengeanceFarmers fear for crops after a week of frost and snow, while a persistent heatwave in India costs scores of livesAfter a very warm start to April, parts of Central and Eastern Europe reverted to ... read more
- Michael Bloomberg to world leaders: ignore Trump on climate changeFormer New York mayor defends Paris climate deal in new bookBloomberg aruges states and markets will ensure US hits emissions goalsThe former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg has urged world leaders not to follow Donald ... read more
- Jon Vogler obituaryMy father, Jon Vogler, who has died aged 77, used his skills as an engineer to set up the UK’s first large-scale recycling system. In 1974, when recycling at home was virtually unknown in Britain, ... read more
- Do former transport ministers dream of electric buses?Ex Lib Dem MP Norman Baker has swapped the ‘constant battle’ of working with Theresa May for running a Brighton eco-firm that’s launching a green bus routeVince Cable and Ed Davey, the former business and ... read more
- Maldives: Prominent blogger and internet activist stabbed to death
- Energy bills: what’s the difference between Tory cap and Miliband freeze?As newspapers alter their views on energy market intervention consumers must work out what it would mean for themIt’s not what you know but who you know. To prove the aphorism, compare the response to ... read more
- Hillary Clinton in surprise Tribeca appearance for Bigelow elephant filmDefeated presidential candidate discusses The Protectors: Walk in the Rangers Shoes, a short VR film about the fight against poaching and the ivory tradeThe premiere of a virtual reality short by Oscar-winning director Kathryn Bigelow ... read more
- Newspaper Owned By Fracking Billionaire Leaks Memo Calling Pipeline Opponents Potential “Terrorists”The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has published a report titled, “Potential Domestic Terrorist Threats to Multi-State Diamond Pipeline Construction Project,” dated April 7 and first published by The Washington Examiner. The DHS field analysis ... read more
- Trump: 100 days that shook the world – and the activists fighting backThree months in, the future is totally unpredictable. But a dramatic fightback is under way. Four activists tell us how they are adapting to the new normalThe first 100 days of President Donald Trump: how ... read more
- Shipping container architecture – in pictures
- Sharks: deter rather than cull, says Western Australia premierLaeticia Brouwer, 17, was killed by a shark in Esperance on Easter Monday but Mark McGowan waited to comment as he did not want to politicise the issueThe premier of Western Australia remains in favour ... read more
- Can slag heaps help save the planet?British scientists are exploring ways to use the steel industry’s waste to capture carbon dioxide in the atmosphereThe Industrial Revolution left a deep mark on our world. Its dawning saw the start of the widespread ... read more
- The eco guide to fast fashion | Lucy Siegle
- Canadian oil firm pulls out of national park in Peru’s AmazonPacific abandons one million hectare concession including indigenous peoples’ territories along Brazil borderA Canadian-headquartered company, Pacific Exploration and Production, has pulled out of a huge oil and gas concession overlapping a new national park in ... read more
- Ten of the best March for Science signs – in pictures
- Wicked Porsche Panamera Turbo SE Hybrid Flies To 60 MPH In 3.2 SecondsThe Porsche 918 Hybrid was the most powerful production car ever made by the company. This week at the New York Auto Show, the second most powerful production Porsche ever was front and center on ... read more
- Daily Digest 4/22 – Economic Pluralism And Science, Mosquito Menace Will Only Get WorseEconomic Pluralism And Science FI Special: The British General Election And A First Round French Presidential Election Forecast America’s Health Care Costs Are Crushing the Economy 17 Reasons Why You Should Own Gold A Guide ... read more
- Renault ZOE Writes Fanfiction … On The RoadUsing live driving data and artificial intelligence, ZOE, an all-electric Renault, is writing a tribute to Jack Kerouac novel On the Road. The reason? Many people have range anxiety, right? So, according to Renault, people ... read more
- Chevrolet FNR-X Plug-In Hybrid SUV — “Coolest Concept In Shanghai”General Motors is justly proud of its Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center, which designed and developed the FNR-X PHEV SUV concept that debuted at the Shanghai Auto Show this week. The world is cuckoo for ... read more
- Successful Test of World’s 1st Lilium Electric VTOL TaxiAnd another vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft takes to the sky, this time it was the first successful test flight of the Lilium Electric VTOL Taxi Successful Test of World’s 1st Lilium Electric VTOL ... read more
- Tesla’s Lawsuit Against Sterling Anderson SettledTesla's lawsuit against the former nontechnical program manager of its Autopilot program, Sterling Anderson, has been settled with neither side admitting to any wrongdoing under the agreement. However, Anderson is now barred from recruiting Tesla ... read more
- Peloton Technology Closes $60 Million Series B Funding RoundThe semi truck platooning technology firm that we reported on recently, Peloton Technology, has successfully closed a $60 million Series B funding round, according to a recent press release. The Series B funding round was ... read more
- US Judge Sentences Volkswagen To 3 Years Probation & Independent Oversight
- Velodyne LiDAR Reveals Low-Cost, Solid-State “Velarray” LiDAR, Full Production In 2018
- LG Chem Officially Launches Home Batteries In North AmericaThe lithium-ion battery manufacturer LG Chem has officially launched its residential battery systems line in the North American market. This news follows the completion of UL certification LG Chem Officially Launches Home Batteries In North ... read more
- Mercedes-Benz Ready To Sell Residential Storage Batteries In UK
- The Deceiving & Often Counterproductive Appeal Of Uber, Lyft, & More Convenient TransportOur head of state seems to have no education or experience with solid information on the transit needs of the public at large. Nor has he taken the time to find it. He has not ... read more
- The Coming ConflagrationExecutive Summary Have overt central bank propping efforts created a bubble in asset prices? Will these overinflated markets EVER collapse? What to expect when today's smoke turns into tomorrow's conflagration Which assets are most sensitive to a ... read more
- Where There’s Smoke…Many questions surround the elevated financial asset prices we are faced with today. I'm talking not just about the sky-high prices of stocks and bonds, but also of the trillions of dollars’ worth of derivatives ... read more
- National Grid Expects Friday, April 21 To Be First Coal-Free Day In UK Since Industrial RevolutionNational Grid tweeted early Friday morning that it expected April 21 to be the first coal free day in the UK since the Industrial Revolution. National Grid Expects Friday, April 21 To Be First ... read more
Start-ups still have until 31st January 2017 to submit their entries for the international ‘Start...
The European Parliament's Environment Committee have voted to introduce EU-wide targets to reduce food waste...
In response to the release of Scotland’s first comprehensive Energy Strategy, Dr Richard Dixon, Director...
Scottish Renewables welcomed yesterday’s publication of the Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy, a detailed plan which...
IEMA, in response to the launch of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper, have welcomed...
In response to the report published yesterday, which revealed that the cost of power from...
In response to Monday’s announcement that ‘air audits’ will be conducted in 50 London Schools,...
While environmental concerns are mounting every year, demand for green solutions is growing at a record pace. According to a recent analysis, the green...
Tomorrow Blue & Green celebrates its 6th birthday – remember, remember the 5th of November...