Bunting, party hats and a huge cake will be at the ready for Bristol Pound’s fourth birthday at the Make Sunday Special event outside St Nicholas Market on Sunday 18 September, not to mention a whopping great offer for members signing up on the day.
Visit the Bristol Pound party stall on Corn Street, chat about the scheme and get a free slice of cake. What’s more, the first 50 people signing up for an account on the day will receive a £B5 (5 Bristol Pound) paper note on the spot! That’s not all, when you log in to your new Bristol Pound online account you get another £B5.
Why are the Bristol Pound giving away money? Ruby Szarowicz, Membership Manager at the Bristol Pound explains: “We want more people in the city to experience local money and learn about what alternative currencies can do for Bristol. Some people might need a little extra nudge to set up their account and make a few changes in their shopping habits. We are giving away £B10 as a live demonstration to help you get started.”
Once signed up with an account you can start changing sterling into Bristol Pounds regularly, making regular payments for council tax and energy bills and paying for local goods with your mobile phone.
- Eleven Energy Projects Around Bristol Offered Funding To Help Local Communities
- Filwood Green Business Park Wins National Award
- UK’s Biggest Community Energy Company Switches On New Solar Farm
- Greenhouse PR Company in Bristols Wins ‘Green PR Company Of The Year’
- Third Social Investment Made by Tax Relief Fund in Bristol
To sign up for an account you’ll need to bring two pieces of ID:
· Photo ID – a passport or driving license
· Proof of address: a utility bill, a bank statement, a council tax bill dated within the last three months. (Please note this needs to be the original copy)
The offer will only extend to the first 50 people who sign up so make sure to visit them early to avoid disappointment. They’re on Corn Street 11am to 4.30pm on Sunday 18 September. Visit bristolpound.org for more details.