Friends of the Earth say Corbyn’s call for fracking ban today was the right thing to do
Ahead of Jeremy Corbyn’s manifesto launch on the environment and energy in Nottingham today, Friends of the Earth strongly welcome his expected commitment to ban fracking. Liz Hutchins, senior political strategist, Friends of the Earth said:
“Jeremy Corbyn is right to commit to ban fracking and Owen Smith should make the same clear commitment.
“The Government is increasingly isolated in its zealous determination to impose fracking on communities that don’t want it.
- Climate Risks Causing Storm Surge To Threaten Coast
- Tidal To Play An Important Role In Clean Power According To FoE
- Bees: EU Food Watchdog Delays Neonic Pesticide Safety Review
- New Friends Of The Earth Report Warns Of Need To Extend Pesticide Restrictions
- Friends Of The Earth Respond To MP’s Call For Brexit Environmental Protection Act
“The Liberal Democrats and The Green Party have called for a ban on fracking because of threats to health and the environment. It is now banned or halted in Scotland, Wales, France, Germany and New York State.
“Fracking is fundamentally incompatible with the UK’s climate change commitments. It’s time to move away from fossil fuels and instead invest in renewable energy”.