Friends of the Earth say Corbyn’s call for fracking ban today was the right thing to do
Ahead of Jeremy Corbyn’s manifesto launch on the environment and energy in Nottingham today, Friends of the Earth strongly welcome his expected commitment to ban fracking. Liz Hutchins, senior political strategist, Friends of the Earth said:
“Jeremy Corbyn is right to commit to ban fracking and Owen Smith should make the same clear commitment.
“The Government is increasingly isolated in its zealous determination to impose fracking on communities that don’t want it.
- Campaigners Appeal With EU To Make Food Waste Promise Binding
- Friends Of The Earth Scotland Respond To Scotland’s Energy Strategy
- Friends Of The Earth Warn Theresa May To Challenge Trump Over Climate Change
- London Air Pollution: Restrict Traffic Not Outdoor Activity
- Egnedol’s Milford Haven Waste And Biomass Plans Opposed By Campaigners
“The Liberal Democrats and The Green Party have called for a ban on fracking because of threats to health and the environment. It is now banned or halted in Scotland, Wales, France, Germany and New York State.
“Fracking is fundamentally incompatible with the UK’s climate change commitments. It’s time to move away from fossil fuels and instead invest in renewable energy”.