WWF Scotland director Lang Banks has responded to the news that North Sea decommissioning is set to grow steadily in UK and Norway over next ten years.
“With the right kind of support from politicians, Scotland could secure a big slice of the employment and economic opportunities highlighted in this report from cleaning up after the North Sea oil and gas industry.
In the interests of tackling climate change, we need to see a sensible transition away from fossil fuels
“In the interests of tackling climate change, we need to see a sensible transition away from fossil fuels, harnessing the skills of those currently employed in the sector in clean energy technologies as well as decommissioning.
- WWF Scotland Praise New Energy Strategy
- Friends Of The Earth Scotland Respond To Scotland’s Energy Strategy
- ‘Landmark Moment’ For Industry Welcomed By Scottish Renewables
- Cost Of Offshore Wind Farm’s Power Drops 32% In Five Years, Friends Of The Earth Respond
- A Step Towards Change By The Industrial Strategy
“If done right it could herald the start of a whole new chapter in the economy of the North Sea.”