International Coffee Day is an occasion that is used promote and celebrate coffee as a beverage, with events now occurring across the world. It is organised by the International Coffee Organisation and the first official date is October 1st 2015. This day has also used to promote fair trade coffee and to raise awareness for the plight of the coffee growers.
Events in the UK include:
– Cash prizes and more at the London Latte Art Smackdown at Kaffeine, London
– Purchase a coffee sack and support young Ethiopian female athletes at Mokoko, Bath
– Join the Pending Coffee movement, Sheffield
– Celebrate International Coffee Day with Turkish coffee at Baraca, Bournemouth
– Celebrate International Coffee Day at Pact Coffee’s pop-up, London
More international events here. As one of the activities for the day, the ICO has partnered with Oxfam for a fundraising campaign to raise money for coffee farmers across the world. If you can’t make one of these great events, why not run your own event at home with a great coffee machine from gear hungry.
The International Coffee Organization (ICO) is the main intergovernmental organization for coffee, bringing together exporting and importing Governments to tackle the challenges facing the world coffee sector through international cooperation. Its Member Governments represent 95% of world coffee production and 83% of world consumption.
Why not run your own event at home with some kimbo coffee and a great coffee machine from Gear Hungry.