- Ohio and Pennsylvania Increased Natural Gas Production More than Other States in 2016After reaching a record high of 79 billion cubic feet per day (Bcf/d) in 2015, U.S. marketed natural gas production fell to 77 Bcf/d in 2016, the first annual decline since 2005. Texas, the state ... read more
- NY Times hired a hippie puncher to give climate obstructionists coverYesterday, New York Times subscribers were treated to an email alert announcing the first opinion column from Bret Stephens, who they hired away from the Wall Street Journal. Like all Journal opinion columnists who write ... read more
- ICE Reportedly Detains Undocumented Immigrant Seeking Asylum on His 18th Birthday
- TerrificBy Mike LuckovichRelated Entries April 29, 2017 The Blame April 29, 2017 Government Watchdogs: Trump’s First 100 Days Are Fueling a ‘Golden Era of Activism’ ... read more
- The BlameBy Jeff DanzigerRelated Entries April 29, 2017 The Blame April 29, 2017 Government Watchdogs: Trump’s First 100 Days Are Fueling a ‘Golden Era of Activism’ ... read more
- Government Watchdogs: Trump’s First 100 Days Are Fueling a ‘Golden Era of Activism’
- Trump’s First 99 Days in 99 Seconds (Video)
- 2017 SkS Weekly Climate Change & Global Warming News Roundup #17
- On Climate March Day, Remember Global Advances in Solar Energy
- The Many-Sided, Overlapping Meanings of May Day
- Live Blog: People’s Climate March Pushes Back Against Trump Agenda (Multimedia)Truthdig is on the ground in Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles, Calif. covering the “People’s Climate March,” which aims to draw attention to climate change policy under the Trump administration. Related Entries April ... read more
- New Report Offers Long-Awaited Answers About Reusing Oil and Gas Industry’s WastewaterA new report from the Oklahoma Water Resources Board’s (OWRB) Produced Water Working Group indicates that oil and gas companies looking for ways to dispose of large volumes of wastewater should focus on recycling those ... read more
- Honest DonBy Jeff DanzigerRelated Entries April 28, 2017 Governing Dysfunction April 28, 2017 Former President Obama Has a New Job: Control the Official Narrative of American ‘Exceptionalism’ ... read more
- Governing DysfunctionBy Mike LuckovichRelated Entries April 28, 2017 Governing Dysfunction April 28, 2017 Former President Obama Has a New Job: Control the Official Narrative of American ‘Exceptionalism’ ... read more
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren Says She’s ‘Troubled’ By Obama’s $400k Speaking Fee (Audio)
- Protection of Journalists Fails in Latin America
- As wind, wave and shale power converge, could this be the end for Opec?The oil cartel is maintaining price discipline for now. But a concatenation of global circumstances could destroy its power to control the marketWhen the major oil-producing countries meet in a month’s time at a Vienna ... read more
- Trump says Paris climate agreement is ‘one-sided’ deal – videoUS president criticises deal where ‘the United States pays billions of dollars while China, Russia, and India ... will contribute nothing’. His comments came as thousands of people across the US marched in rain, snow ... read more
- Most Australians back fracking ban but commonwealth says states causing gas shortageOpposition crosses party lines, with Labor, Liberal and minor party voters all expressing concernMost Australians support bans on new unconventional gas exploration but the federal government has told the states to “get off their backsides” ... read more
- People’s Climate March: thousands rally to denounce Trump’s environmental agenda
- Thousands march across US to demand action on climate change – videoMass protests in Washington, San Francisco, Denver and Seattle coincide with Donald Trump’s 100th day in office and take aim at his rolling back of environmental protections. Organisers said about 300 sister marches were being ... read more
- Nespresso bid to recycle coffee pods
- Shops urged to help cut £10bn food waste costEnd confusing ‘best before’ labels, says reportSupermarket “best before” labels could be phased out while shops should be forced to sell oddly shaped vegetables under proposals from MPs who have warned the government it needs ... read more
- Let’s celebrate Britain’s natural lifelines | Hugh WarwickRoads and railways don’t always blight landscapes – they are also vital havens for wildlifeThe next time you are on a train take a moment to look out of the window. As you trundle along ... read more
- EPA wipes its climate change site day before march on WashingtonVisitors to the website on Saturday found it was ‘undergoing changes’ to reflect the agency’s ‘new direction’, as thousands protest climate inactionThe US Environmental Protection Agency’s main climate change website is “undergoing changes” to better ... read more
- The Grisly Truth about B.C.’s Grizzly Trophy HuntGrizzly bears venturing from dens in search of food this spring will face landscapes dominated by mines, roads, pipelines, clearcuts and ever-expanding towns and cities. As in years past, they’ll also face the possibility of painful death at the hands of trophy hunters. ... read more
- Last-ditch attempt to save the endangered vaquita porpoise$4m mission in Gulf of California aims to rescue the world’s most endangered sea mammal – with help from US navy dolphinsScientists are finalising plans to make a last-ditch attempt to save the world’s most ... read more
- Hope for the metropolitan solution to climate changeMore than 7,000 cities will report emissions cuts and climate progress. That's why Mike Bloomberg Carl Pope are optimistic about the future. ... read more
- Yes, I am a climate alarmist. Global warming is a crime against humanity | Lawrence TorcelloThere can be no greater crime against humanity than the destruction of conditions that make human life possible Most of us have wondered about the human context of past crimes against humanity: why didn’t more ... read more
- Climate March Brings Thousands of People to Protest Donald Trump
- This Is Yuuuge! Musk Retweets 350.org Climate March VideoElon Musk has retweeted a Tweet from 350.org showing a video of people marching in the Climate March in Washington on April 29. This Is Yuuuge! Musk Retweets 350.org Climate March Video was originally ... read more
- Kitty Hawk Flyer (Backed By Google’s Larry Page) Takes Flight
- Daily Digest 4/29 – Who Controls The Gold Price, Will Trump Spark An Offshore Drilling Boom?As College Deadlines Near, Families Wonder What They Can Pay What I Learned About Civil Unrest During The Los Angeles Riots 25 Years Ago Under the Trump Tax Plan, We Might All Want to Become ... read more
- U.N. Risk Chief: Put a Price on Disasters
- Musk Talks About Tesla Semi, More Gigafactories, & Electric Roller SkatesElon Musk told his audience at the TED Conference in Vancouver that Tesla may announce as many as four new Gigafactories this year. He also revealed a teaser of the Tesla Semi and a video ... read more
- The Relentless Push Towards WarAs I’ve written extensively in the past, as was the case with Russia last fall, this push to war includes a series of carefully-crafted talking points being endlessly repeated over the print and airwaves. It’s ... read more
- Trump EPA Web Page Removal Doesn’t Change Climate RealityTrump EPA Web Page Removal Doesn't Change Climate RealityWASHINGTON (April 28, 2017)—On the eve of the much-anticipated climate march in Washington, D.C., the Trump administration removed the Environmental Protection Agency's primary climate change web ... read more
- Volvo XC60 Production Line Opens — T8 Plug-In Hybrid Version Tops The LineupVolvo isn't exactly at the front of the EV pack, but it is now trying to catch up (to some degree). A positive sign from the company is that it's electrifying one of its most ... read more
- Tesla Auto Body Repair Specialists Can Now Get Trained OnlineTesla says it will be selling 500,000 cars a year soon. The odds are good that with all those Teslas running around, some of them are going to find solid objects to run into, causing ... read more
- Public Lands Are Responsible For Billions In Consumer Spending, & Trump Wants To Sell Them OffToday, Congress is discussing the impact of the outdoor recreation industry. The meeting comes at a time when the environment faces growing threats both from climate change and the Trump Administration. President Trump has moved ... read more
- Podcast: How post-industrial cities bounce backIn the next century, cities over-reliant on one industry or without diverse economies face major risks. Why have some cities thrived and why have others stagnated? Earlier this year, we kicked off a new partnership ... read more
- Why Large Animals Can’t Handle A Little Rain
- Sea-Level Rise Will Send Millions Of Refugees To Inland CitiesWhen rising waters from superstorms like Katrina or Sandy inundate heavily populated coastal communities, vast numbers of people will abandon their destroyed homes and flee for safety and shelter elsewhere. Where will they go — and how ... read more
- Trump Orders Review of Obama Offshore Drilling PlanPresident Trump on Friday called for the review of a five-year plan for offshore oil and gas leasing that the Obama administration put in place to keep large swaths of the Atlantic and Arctic off-limits ... read more
- The Antarctic Ice Sheet Is Draining Huge Quantities Of Water Out To SeaWhen climate scientists look at Antarctica, they see a ticking time bomb. If the ice sheet melts, it will raise sea levels by tens of feet, flooding coastal cities around the globe. For now, the ... read more
Start-ups still have until 31st January 2017 to submit their entries for the international ‘Start...
The European Parliament's Environment Committee have voted to introduce EU-wide targets to reduce food waste...
In response to the release of Scotland’s first comprehensive Energy Strategy, Dr Richard Dixon, Director...
Scottish Renewables welcomed yesterday’s publication of the Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy, a detailed plan which...
IEMA, in response to the launch of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper, have welcomed...
In response to the report published yesterday, which revealed that the cost of power from...
In response to Monday’s announcement that ‘air audits’ will be conducted in 50 London Schools,...
While environmental concerns are mounting every year, demand for green solutions is growing at a record pace. According to a recent analysis, the green...
Tomorrow Blue & Green celebrates its 6th birthday – remember, remember the 5th of November...