- Google Sued Over a Culture of Leaks Mixed with IntimidationGoogle's culture of secrecy has gone too far, say employees. And some filed a lawsuit alleging that the tech giant ran afoul of California labor law. ... read more
- P&G, 3M, IP and American Forest Foundation Boost Responsible Forestry in the CarolinasP&G, 3M, and International Paper have announced a partnership with the American Forest Foundation to boost sustainable forestry efforts across the Carolina plains region. ... read more
- Clean Energy Employs Almost 10 Million People WorldwideAccording to IRENA, 9.8 million people work in the global renewables sector as of the end of 2016. Solar power has driven much of that growth, but increases in employment are also apparent in the ... read more
- Environmentalists Sue Scott Pruitt, EPA for Illegal Legislative ‘Obstructions’EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt and his agency are being sued by the Center for Biological Diversity -- again. ... read more
- After Manchester: Fear and OptimismYesterday morning I woke at stupid o'clock and, after half an hour lying in the dark, decided that I'd head to the spare room with a book to avoid disturbing the slumbering Mrs K. I ... read more
- Roger Ailes: The Man Who Destroyed ObjectivityBy Neal Gabler / Bill Moyers The most significant man of his political generation transformed journalism, politics and the US government. Related Entries May 23, 2017 Female Entrepreneurs in Afghanistan Inspire Hope by ... read more
- Unilever’s Sustainable Living Brands Grew Faster Than the Rest of Its BusinessUnilever's Sustainable Living brands grew more than 50 percent faster than the rest of its business while delivering over 60 percent of the company's growth last year. ... read more
- Wikimedia Scores ‘Important Victory’ in Fight Against NSA Surveillance
- Consumer bills to jump as networks score court victory over regulatorAustralian Energy Regulator loses costly Federal Court battle to control how much NSW network operators can charge for power. ... read more
- Hello world!Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing! ... read more
- Solar now Queensland’s largest power stationQueensland has officially become the Solar State with new figures confirming that combined solar rooftops are now Queensland’s largest power station. ... read more
- AGL makes Executive Team appointmentsAGL today announced the appointment of Melissa Reynolds to the newly created role of Chief Customer Officer and the promotion of Richard Wrightson to the position of Executive General Manager, Wholesale Markets. ... read more
- Autonomous vehicle trials to ramp up as national guidelines publishedNational Transport Commission (NTC) and Austroads publish national guidelines to support Australian autonomous vehicle trials. ... read more
- Clean Energy Seed Fund raises $26m – a “vote of confidence” in sectorClean Energy Innovation Fund completes $26m capital raising, easily surpassing its $20 million target with help from some big investors. ... read more
- Stunning new lows in cost of large scale solar and battery storageNew contract signed in Arizona reveals record low price for large scale solar in US, and a stunning reduction in the price of battery storage. The new combined solar and storage deal of below 4.5c/kWh ... read more
- Index on Censorship brings Banned Books Week to the UKLeading international freedom of expression organisation Index on Censorship has joined the Banned Books Week Coalition as the first international member of this US-based alliance. Banned Books Week was launched in the ... read more
- Why do animals go extinct? You asked Google – here’s the answer | Jules HowardEvery day millions of internet users ask Google life’s most difficult questions, big and small. Our writers answer some of the commonest queriesA man pulls from his pocket a futuristic, streamlined flat metallic box that ... read more
- Calls to reform food system: ‘Factory farming belongs in a museum’Stop the Machine aims to put an end to methods of farming that are endangering biodiversity and wildlife the world overWe can feed an extra 4 billion people a year if we reject the bloated ... read more
- How did whales become so large? Scientists dive into marine mysteryChanges in food distribution and not falling ocean temperatures could hold key to shift towards giant lengthsThe blue whale has a body the length of a jet airliner, a heart the size of a car, ... read more
- Salad days soon over: consumers throw away 40% of bagged leavesExclusive: Britons fail to eat 178m bags of salad every year, say Tesco and government waste body Wrap, in study highlighting food wasteBritons throw away 40% of the bagged salad they buy every year, according ... read more
- Meet ‘Big Don’, the 90kg rescue turtle released on World Turtle Day – videoCrowds cheer as ‘Big Don’, a massive sea turtle, is released off the Florida Keys on World Turtle Day after being rehabilitated from injuries from an encounter with a fishing line. The 200-pound (91 kilogram) ... read more
- Survivors of the El Mozote Massacre Have New Hopes for Justice in El SalvadorEL MOZOTE, El Salvador, May 23 (IPS) - Except for a house with its walls riddled with holes made by bursts of machine gun fire, nobody would say that the quiet Salvadoran village of El ... read more
- The cuckoo is back and all’s right with the world
- Menstrual Health and Vitality: Breaking the Silence, Stemming the FloodGENEVA, May 23 (IPS) - Menstruation matters to everyone, everywhere. But it still matters so much more to women and girls, who have historically been asked to bleed in stoic silence so that no one ... read more
- What does it Take to Solve a Statelessness Crisis?MEXICO CITY, May 23 (IPS) - Three years ago today, authorities in the Dominican Republic passed a law seeking to address a statelessness crisis that has effectively stripped thousands of people off their Dominican nationality ... read more
- International Finance Governance UndemocraticKUALA LUMPUR, May 23 (IPS) - Why is it so difficult to achieve meaningful coordination when everybody agrees that it is desirable, if not necessary? President Richard Nixon's withdrawal of the US from and hence ... read more
- Massachusetts Admits to ‘Regularly’ Allowing Companies to Edit Draft Pollution Permits
- Community Seed Banks: Securing Diversity for Climate Change AdaptationROME, May 23 (IPS) - For thousands of years, farmers have used genetic diversity to cope with weather variability and changing climate conditions. They have stored, planted, selected and improved seeds to continue producing food ... read more
- How science-based targets guide Walmart’s sustainability courseWalmart is the first retailer to sign up for approved science-based targets around emissions reductions, says Kathleen McLaughlin, senior vice president and chief sustainability officer for Walmart Stores. "We are committing to reducing emissions by 18 ... read more
- Trump’s 2018 Budget: What’s on the Chopping Block for Clean Energy
- Xie Zhenhua : la Chine prépare un « Plan chinois » pour la mise en uvre de l’« Accord de Paris »Source: French.china.org.cn - Xie Zhenhua, envoyé spécial de la Chine sur le changement climatique, a déclaré à Berlin le 22 mai que la Chine est en train de préparer un « Plan chinois » sur ... read more
- UN resilience scorecard to help cities curb disaster losses from climate change, other risk driversSource: UN News Centre - As world leaders and civil society representatives gather today in Cancun, Mexico, for a biennial United Nations forum on preventing and mitigating disaster impacts, the UN today launched an updated ... read more
- La Côte d’Ivoire et le Ghana rejoignent l’Alliance solaire internationaleSource: Commodafrica - L’Alliance solaire internationale (ASI), une organisation initiée par la France et l’Inde en 2015 en marge de la COP21 en 2015, fait de plus en plus d'émules en Afrique, notamment en Afrique ... read more
- Factory Farms Put Climate at Risk, Experts Say in Urging Health Officials to Speak OutSource: Inside Climate News - In a letter, 200 experts called on the next director-general of the World Health Organization to confront the role factory farming plays in climate change. ... read more
- Cash in on businesses to help boost disaster protection, says U.N. risk chiefSource: Thomson Reuters Foundation - Businesses are quickly grasping the benefits of investing to cut disaster risks, so it is crucial for governments to work with them to protect people from climate change impacts, said ... read more
- 8 in 10 people now see climate change as a ‘catastrophic risk’: surveySource: Thomson Reuters Foundation - Nearly nine in 10 people say they are ready to make changes to their standard of living if it would prevent future climate catastrophe, a survey on global threats found ... read more
- G20 must support good jobs in the low carbon transitionSource: Climate Home - If we are serious about holding global warming well below 2C as the Paris Agreement states, all sectors, industries and jobs will have to change. ... read more
- Merkel urge acción contra el cambio climático a los paísesSource: EFE Verde - La canciller alemana, Angela Merkel, instó hoy a todos los países a trabajar conjuntamente en la lucha contra el cambio climático, diseñando estrategias, promoviendo inversiones sostenibles y avanzando en el Acuerdo ... read more
- Small-scale renewables cheapest for rural Africa, says Dutch reportSource: Climate Home - Africa’s quest for full access to electricity needs governments to support small, off-grid projects that are typically disregarded by investors ... read more
- Le gouvernement luxembourgeois consacre 120 millions EUR entre 2014 et 2020 au financement de mesures de protection du climat dans les pays en développementSource: Mediaterre - Le financement de la lutte contre les changements climatiques est l’un des aspects les plus importants des efforts déployés à l’échelle mondiale pour faire face au défi des changements climatiques. Au cours ... read more
- White House Budget Aims to Kill ‘Crazy’ Climate ScienceAs The White House released its budget request for the 2018 fiscal year on Tuesday, the Trump administration made good on its promise to target deep cuts to federal spending on climate, energy, science, research ... read more
- Harvard Study: Greenery In Your Neighborhood Cuts Women’s Mortality RatesGreen, in my experience, starts with childhood. Nothing compares with climbing trees as a child. A close second was laying flat on my back in the yard or woods behind my house and cloud gazing. ... read more
- Trump Administration FY2018 Budget Proposal to Terminate MOX Program a ‘Great Deal’Trump Administration FY2018 Budget Proposal to Terminate MOX Program a ‘Great Deal'WASHINGTON (May 23, 2017)—In today’s fiscal year 2018 budget release, the Trump administration proposed to shut down the troubled mixed-oxide (MOX) fuel project to ... read more
- Daily Digest 5/23 – Sea Level Rise ‘Accelerating,’ Adverse Childhood Experiences Trigger AddictionEven Harley-Davidson Can’t Resist the Tug of Overseas Factories Addiction doc says: It’s not the drugs. It’s the ACEs – adverse childhood experiences An Underground College For Undocumented Immigrants Pew Research Shale Oil & Gas ... read more
- Tesla Prepares New Model 3 Graphic To Help Sell Model S
Start-ups still have until 31st January 2017 to submit their entries for the international ‘Start...
The European Parliament's Environment Committee have voted to introduce EU-wide targets to reduce food waste...
In response to the release of Scotland’s first comprehensive Energy Strategy, Dr Richard Dixon, Director...
Scottish Renewables welcomed yesterday’s publication of the Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy, a detailed plan which...
IEMA, in response to the launch of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper, have welcomed...
In response to the report published yesterday, which revealed that the cost of power from...
In response to Monday’s announcement that ‘air audits’ will be conducted in 50 London Schools,...
While environmental concerns are mounting every year, demand for green solutions is growing at a record pace. According to a recent analysis, the green...
Tomorrow Blue & Green celebrates its 6th birthday – remember, remember the 5th of November...