UK non-profit group InfluenceMap has conducted a detailed and systematic analysis of corporate influence over climate policy globally and has prepared a briefing, containing key facts, findings and some brand new statistics we have drawn from our database of over 20,000 evidence pieces on the subject.
The guide and associated spreadsheet of information can be found here. This release is designed as a resource to allow easy access to InfluenceMap’s data, analysis and metrics.
New statistics, released today, and based on InfluenceMap’s study of the 100 leading industrial companies in the world, illustrate the state of corporate attitudes towards climate policy. They can be found below:
Climate policy support by the top 100 industrial corporations, 2015*
– 51% clearly calling for the decarbonization of the energy mix
– 61% actively and explicitly supporting a strong outcome at COP21
– 53% actively advocating for emissions reductions in line with IPCC recommendations
– 31% are actively and specifically calling for legislation that puts a price on carbon (carbon taxation/emissions trading legislation)
– 66% are fully, explicitly and publicly aligned with the IPCC position on climate change science have made ambiguous statements recently on climate science
– with only 3% now appearing to be in denial of the IPCC findings,
– 95% of corporations still belong to trade associations that are obstructing climate legislation
Read the full report here.
Like our Facebook Page
How to Find an Eco-Friendly Termite Control Service Provider in Malaysia
Eco-Friendly Vegans Win Most Battles Not the War
3 Iconic Chicago Billboards Eco-Friendly Advertisers Can Learn from
EnviroSolar’s Abe Issa Discusses Success in Green Entrepreneurship
How Sports Could Be Impacted by Climate Change
What Eco-Friendly Patients Should Know about Online Therapy
6 Reasons Why Meal Delivery Services are Eco-Friendly
The Path for Retail’s Sustainable Future
4 Eco-Friendly Ways to Treat a Sinus Infection
4 Strategies for Eco-Friendly Real Estate Investors to Find Properties
How Managed Print Services Helps to Reduce Paper Waste
Why Scientists Are Concerned About ‘Forever Chemicals’ In Drinking Water
Meat Farming Is Only Getting Smarter, Easier & Eco-Friendlier
What is Eco-Friendly Homesteading and How Does it Affect Your Insurance?
Importance of Using a Water Purifier in an Area with High Pollution
Alternative Financing Ideas for Green Businesses that Shun Banks
Tencel Material Demand Shows Britain Is More Eco-Friendlier Than Ireland
How To Invest in Clean Energy Stocks in Only Five Easy Steps!
How To Secure Funding As An Eco-Entrepreneur?
4 Amazing Eco-Friendly Businesses Worth Starting in 2021
- Features8 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy9 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features8 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Invest10 months ago
The Eco-Friendly Evolution of Bitcoin Over the Years