Crowdfunding is the collective effort of individuals who gather around a cause, and contribute their money to make it happen. It offers everyone, from entrepreneurs and small businesses to artists and inventors, the chance to kickstart their projects.
We’ve rounded up our favourite crowdfunding campaigns open this month that have a focus on sustainability.
When seven-day switching comes into effect this September it is expected that high street banks will spend millions on advertising to attract new customers. Alternative banking campaign group Move Your Money is therefore asking the public to help fund its ‘guerilla war’ against the big banks’ marketing drive. Launched on BuzzBnk, the crowdfunding campaign will pay for billboards, campaigns and a new switching service, dedicated to helping customers get into socially responsible banking.
Inspired by the UN International Year of Co-operatives, this not-for-profit project raises funds to help those living in poverty in tropical regions of Bolivia. It contributes to environmental repair and the development of climate-friendly agriculture. It is hoped that the funds received from this campaign will help choose an area from the south-west Amazon to establish a new conservation area to protect and restore the biodiversity essential to the welfare of local families.
Cleantech energy company Micropower is asking for funds to develop a semiconductor chip that converts waste heat to electricity more efficiently than ever before. The chip generates electricity when simply placed on a hot surface. It says that this could reduce waste heat in many industries, reducing harmful emissions and conserving natural resources worldwide.
4. Bee Subtilis: bees are receiving rather a lot of media attention recently, and for good reason, as pollinators they are essential. A Turkish team is hoping to create bacteria that will protect bees from one of the most commonly used insecticides.
5. Towards a Green Horizon: two young engineers are preparing a world tour by bike, taking in Asia, America and Africa with the objective of discovering projects related to renewable energy and sustainable environmental management.
6. Beeconomics: love them or run away from them (or is that only me?), you just can’t get away from bees this month. This enterprise, based in Pernambuco, Brazil, will provide training and employment for young people in the production, marketing and distribution of bee-product-based skin and haircare products.
7. The Collective, Sierra Leone: the Collective is a capacity building organisation, providing workshops and training to small organisations in skills like basic accounting, marketing and communications, project management and monitoring and evaluation in Sierra Leone.
8. Littoral: Littoral is an art project that will survey and catalogue the litter found on British beaches, considering the effects that the washed up rubbish has had on our environment.
9. Expedition to Oman 2014: 18-year-old Jenny Evans will be a part of the British Exploring Society’s 2014 expedition to Oman, and is asking for crowdfunding to help save the endangered Arabian Leopard.
10. Human Rights and Smart Phones: this project aims to use smartphone technology to champion human rights, by developing an app that allows people across the world to post news stories, videos and photos of the issues affecting them, in real time to an online map.
Like our Facebook Page
How to Find an Eco-Friendly Termite Control Service Provider in Malaysia
Eco-Friendly Vegans Win Most Battles Not the War
3 Iconic Chicago Billboards Eco-Friendly Advertisers Can Learn from
EnviroSolar’s Abe Issa Discusses Success in Green Entrepreneurship
How Sports Could Be Impacted by Climate Change
What Eco-Friendly Patients Should Know about Online Therapy
6 Reasons Why Meal Delivery Services are Eco-Friendly
The Path for Retail’s Sustainable Future
4 Eco-Friendly Ways to Treat a Sinus Infection
4 Strategies for Eco-Friendly Real Estate Investors to Find Properties
How Managed Print Services Helps to Reduce Paper Waste
Why Scientists Are Concerned About ‘Forever Chemicals’ In Drinking Water
Meat Farming Is Only Getting Smarter, Easier & Eco-Friendlier
What is Eco-Friendly Homesteading and How Does it Affect Your Insurance?
Importance of Using a Water Purifier in an Area with High Pollution
Alternative Financing Ideas for Green Businesses that Shun Banks
Tencel Material Demand Shows Britain Is More Eco-Friendlier Than Ireland
How To Invest in Clean Energy Stocks in Only Five Easy Steps!
How To Secure Funding As An Eco-Entrepreneur?
4 Amazing Eco-Friendly Businesses Worth Starting in 2021
- Features8 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy9 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features8 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Invest10 months ago
The Eco-Friendly Evolution of Bitcoin Over the Years