After 40 GW of PV installations in 2014, a confirmation of PVMA last January early estimate, 2015 experienced a significant growth with a market reaching at least 51 GW, exactly matching last year PVMA central scenario forecast. Strong growth was observed in all major markets while more emerging market started to contribute to the global growth.
- China installed in 2015 at least 15 GW, a 37% increase YoY. As anticipated, the utility-scale segment continues to dominate the market with a share of over 70% vs. distributed generation. China overtook the pole position from Germany with 43 GW installed capacity.
- Japan has installed about 10 GW of PV in 2015, with already 7.4 GW(AC) installed by the end of September under the FiT program.
- The US market grew by 56% in 2015 over 2014 to 9.8 GW, driven by ITC uncertainty and accelerated growth in the market for residential solar leases.
- Europe installed around 8.5 GW, driven primarily by a booming UK market at more than 4 GW, followed by a reduced German market at 1.4 GW.
- India confirmed its growth with 2 GW installed in 2015 and positive prospects for the coming years.
- As anticipated, a number of emerging markets on all continents started to contribute significantly to the global growth. Installations reached around 1.5 GW in other American countries and around 2.5 GW in other Asian countries, including Australia. Africa and the Middle East accounted together for about 1 GW.
These figures represent DC numbers and refer to grid connected PV systems. Figures reflecting installations or shipments of PV components can deliver slightly different results.
Like our Facebook Page
How to Find an Eco-Friendly Termite Control Service Provider in Malaysia
Eco-Friendly Vegans Win Most Battles Not the War
3 Iconic Chicago Billboards Eco-Friendly Advertisers Can Learn from
EnviroSolar’s Abe Issa Discusses Success in Green Entrepreneurship
How Sports Could Be Impacted by Climate Change
What Eco-Friendly Patients Should Know about Online Therapy
6 Reasons Why Meal Delivery Services are Eco-Friendly
The Path for Retail’s Sustainable Future
4 Eco-Friendly Ways to Treat a Sinus Infection
4 Strategies for Eco-Friendly Real Estate Investors to Find Properties
How Managed Print Services Helps to Reduce Paper Waste
Why Scientists Are Concerned About ‘Forever Chemicals’ In Drinking Water
Meat Farming Is Only Getting Smarter, Easier & Eco-Friendlier
What is Eco-Friendly Homesteading and How Does it Affect Your Insurance?
Importance of Using a Water Purifier in an Area with High Pollution
Alternative Financing Ideas for Green Businesses that Shun Banks
Tencel Material Demand Shows Britain Is More Eco-Friendlier Than Ireland
How To Invest in Clean Energy Stocks in Only Five Easy Steps!
How To Secure Funding As An Eco-Entrepreneur?
4 Amazing Eco-Friendly Businesses Worth Starting in 2021
- Features8 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy9 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features8 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Invest10 months ago
The Eco-Friendly Evolution of Bitcoin Over the Years