After 40 GW of PV installations in 2014, a confirmation of PVMA last January early estimate, 2015 experienced a significant growth with a market reaching at least 51 GW, exactly matching last year PVMA central scenario forecast. Strong growth was observed in all major markets while more emerging market started to contribute to the global growth.
- China installed in 2015 at least 15 GW, a 37% increase YoY. As anticipated, the utility-scale segment continues to dominate the market with a share of over 70% vs. distributed generation. China overtook the pole position from Germany with 43 GW installed capacity.
- Japan has installed about 10 GW of PV in 2015, with already 7.4 GW(AC) installed by the end of September under the FiT program.
- The US market grew by 56% in 2015 over 2014 to 9.8 GW, driven by ITC uncertainty and accelerated growth in the market for residential solar leases.
- Europe installed around 8.5 GW, driven primarily by a booming UK market at more than 4 GW, followed by a reduced German market at 1.4 GW.
- India confirmed its growth with 2 GW installed in 2015 and positive prospects for the coming years.
- As anticipated, a number of emerging markets on all continents started to contribute significantly to the global growth. Installations reached around 1.5 GW in other American countries and around 2.5 GW in other Asian countries, including Australia. Africa and the Middle East accounted together for about 1 GW.
These figures represent DC numbers and refer to grid connected PV systems. Figures reflecting installations or shipments of PV components can deliver slightly different results.
Like our Facebook Page
Can You Maximize Your Profits While Investing Ethically?
Environmental Benefits of Living in Miami. Why Is It Worth Moving There?
5 Ways To Shift To Green Energy At Home
Advantages of Free-Range Farming for Eco-Friendly Consumers
What is Eco-Friendly Investing and How Can You Embrace It?
Green Software Ideas to Implement with an Offshore Development Team
5 Things Eco-Conscious Consumers Should Know About Private Wells
The True Environmental and Social Costs of Mined Diamonds
20 Incredible Facts Eco-Tourists Should Know About Dubai
5 Massive Benefits of Turning to Renewable Energy
6 Tips For Getting the Most from a Solar-Powered Home
7 Excellent Ways to Live a Greener Lifestyle in 2021
How the Property Industry Is Embracing Eco-Friendliness Across the Board
Sustainability in Construction: Methods to Mitigate Environmental Impacts
New Company is Driving ESG Infrastructure Development in Mining
10 Tips to Turn Your Next Holiday into an Eco-Friendly Celebration
4 Benefits of Commuting with a Bicycle as an Eco-Friendly Consumer
Some Important Facts about Eco-Friendly Glass Railings
Impact Proof of Stake Ethereum Mining on Power Industry Sustainability
7 Business Survival Guidelines All Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Must Follow
- Features10 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Energy6 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features5 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Features10 months ago
5 Simple Ways To Create A Greener And Healthier Home