Investors should look to the long-term and help create a future that looks a lot different to today, says Graham Sinclair in this week’s featured TED talk.
Sinclair is a sustainable investment strategist at consultancy firm SinCo and co-founder of the not-for-profit Africa Sustainable Investment Forum project.
Speaking at TEDxTableMountain in South Africa last year, he said that if investors fail to take a long-term approach – and therefore do not include environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in their decisions – they are “investing in a future that probably doesn’t matter“.
His challenge to the TED community and the investment world is to think about the future you want to create, and invest in a way that helps set it in motion.
- East Africa’s Largest Solar Plant Begins Operations
- Water For Kids Celebrate Safe Drinking Water For 20 Years
- Post-Brexit Zero Tariff Trade Policy Called For By Textile Trade Coalition
- CITES Temporary Decision To Shut Worldwide Ivory Markets Is A Win For Elephants
- Highest Level Of Protection For African lions As Botswana Minister Backs Convention
To watch this video on the TED website, click here.