DONG Energy has today agreed to enter into a long-term contract to provide operation and maintenance (‘O&M’) services to Lincs Offshore Wind Farm (’Lincs’), a 270MW offshore wind farm located off the coast of North East Lincolnshire and fully operational since 1 August 2013.
Centrica and Siemens Project Ventures have today announced the sale of their combined 75% stake in Lincs to UK Green Investment Bank Financial Services managed entities and the UK Green Investment Bank plc (jointly referred to as ‘GIB’). As part of this transaction, DONG Energy, owner of the remaining 25%, has agreed with GIB to take over the operatorship of Lincs from Centrica for 15 years beginning after a 12-month transitional period post sale completion.
Jens Jakobsson, Senior Vice President, Operations at DONG Energy Wind Power, said:
“We’re delighted to become O&M service provider to Lincs. It will be the first time we take over O&M of an operating wind farm, which we haven’t constructed ourselves.
We’re now looking forward to further strengthening our relationship with the Green Investment Bank
“I wish to thank Centrica and Siemens for a great partnership on Lincs. We’re now looking forward to further strengthening our relationship with the Green Investment Bank, which is also our partner in the Westermost Rough Offshore Wind Farm.”
DONG Energy currently provides O&M service to 16 offshore wind farms across the UK, Germany and Denmark.
Facts about Lincs
- With its 75 Siemens 3.6MW wind turbines, Lincs is a 270MW offshore wind farm located 5 nautical miles off the coast of Skegness in East England.
- Construction of the wind farm started in 2010 and was managed by Centrica.
- The wind farm was officially opened on 1 August 2013.
Like our Facebook Page
Can You Maximize Your Profits While Investing Ethically?
Environmental Benefits of Living in Miami. Why Is It Worth Moving There?
5 Ways To Shift To Green Energy At Home
Advantages of Free-Range Farming for Eco-Friendly Consumers
What is Eco-Friendly Investing and How Can You Embrace It?
Green Software Ideas to Implement with an Offshore Development Team
5 Things Eco-Conscious Consumers Should Know About Private Wells
The True Environmental and Social Costs of Mined Diamonds
20 Incredible Facts Eco-Tourists Should Know About Dubai
5 Massive Benefits of Turning to Renewable Energy
6 Tips For Getting the Most from a Solar-Powered Home
7 Excellent Ways to Live a Greener Lifestyle in 2021
How the Property Industry Is Embracing Eco-Friendliness Across the Board
Sustainability in Construction: Methods to Mitigate Environmental Impacts
New Company is Driving ESG Infrastructure Development in Mining
10 Tips to Turn Your Next Holiday into an Eco-Friendly Celebration
4 Benefits of Commuting with a Bicycle as an Eco-Friendly Consumer
Some Important Facts about Eco-Friendly Glass Railings
Impact Proof of Stake Ethereum Mining on Power Industry Sustainability
7 Business Survival Guidelines All Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Must Follow
- Features12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Interior Design Is Easier Than You Might Think
- Features10 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Energy6 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features5 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home