The report has suggested that of the 170 million jobs that could be created by 2030, 32 million of them may be in Africa and around 96 million in Asia
The ‘Valuing the SDG Prize In Cities’ report has been produced on behalf of the Business & Sustainable Development Commission. The release of the report coincides with the C40 Mayors Summit in Mexico City (30 November to 2 December).
Overview of the report:
• Companies pushing sustainable urban infrastructure could create US$3.7 Trillion Annual Windfall by 2030 in cities with an annual investment of US$2.5 trillion in sustainable business models.
• 16 opportunity areas identified, including affordable housing, energy efficiency in buildings, improved mobility systems, building resilient cities, smart metering, modular and timber buildings, water infrastructure and cultural tourism. Researchers estimate a range of value for each opportunity; the lowest in the range is US$20 billion per year for durable and modular buildings while the highest goes up to US$1.1 trillion per year for affordable housing.
• Sustainable business models could also generate 170 million jobs by unlocking opportunities in these 16 areas, including affordable housing, energy efficiency in buildings, and public transport.
• Of the 170 million jobs that could be created by 2030, 85% could be in developing countries, including 32 million in Africa and around 96 million in Asia.
• To open these opportunities, companies need to operationalise sustainability across their supply chains and internalise social and environmental costs.
Like our Facebook Page
Can You Maximize Your Profits While Investing Ethically?
Environmental Benefits of Living in Miami. Why Is It Worth Moving There?
5 Ways To Shift To Green Energy At Home
Advantages of Free-Range Farming for Eco-Friendly Consumers
What is Eco-Friendly Investing and How Can You Embrace It?
Green Software Ideas to Implement with an Offshore Development Team
5 Things Eco-Conscious Consumers Should Know About Private Wells
The True Environmental and Social Costs of Mined Diamonds
20 Incredible Facts Eco-Tourists Should Know About Dubai
5 Massive Benefits of Turning to Renewable Energy
6 Tips For Getting the Most from a Solar-Powered Home
7 Excellent Ways to Live a Greener Lifestyle in 2021
How the Property Industry Is Embracing Eco-Friendliness Across the Board
Sustainability in Construction: Methods to Mitigate Environmental Impacts
New Company is Driving ESG Infrastructure Development in Mining
10 Tips to Turn Your Next Holiday into an Eco-Friendly Celebration
4 Benefits of Commuting with a Bicycle as an Eco-Friendly Consumer
Some Important Facts about Eco-Friendly Glass Railings
Impact Proof of Stake Ethereum Mining on Power Industry Sustainability
7 Business Survival Guidelines All Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Must Follow
- Features12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Interior Design Is Easier Than You Might Think
- Features10 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Energy6 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features5 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home