OLEV and Innovate UK are inviting consortia to apply for a share of £24m to develop innovative low emission vehicles or on-vehicle systems.
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) and Innovate UK are to invest up to £24 million to enable industry-led research trials and the development of innovative low emission vehicles or on-vehicle systems. These projects must reduce emissions in the freight, logistics, utilities and emergency industries.
Heavy-goods vehicles and vans contribute 31% of the UK’s domestic transport greenhouse gas emissions. The aim of this competition is to encourage the widespread introduction of low emission vehicles to UK fleets. This will help the UK meet its CO2 reduction targets. It will also help reduce other emissions and reduce fleet operating costs.
This competition is in 2 streams.
- Part 1 will fund projects that trial vehicles and on-vehicle technology. The aim is to test the benefits of the technology before commercialisation
- Part 2 will fund projects that develop innovative and disruptive on-vehicle technologies, systems or business models. These must reduce emissions in the real world.
- This competition is open now.
- The registration deadline is noon on 12th October 2016.
- The application deadline is noon on 19th October 2016.
- There will be a briefing event for potential applicants in Solihull on 14 July 2016.
- We expect projects to range in size from total costs of £250,000 to £5 million.
- Projects must be collaborative and involve a vehicle operator.
Find out more about the competition here.
Like our Facebook Page
How to Find an Eco-Friendly Termite Control Service Provider in Malaysia
Eco-Friendly Vegans Win Most Battles Not the War
3 Iconic Chicago Billboards Eco-Friendly Advertisers Can Learn from
EnviroSolar’s Abe Issa Discusses Success in Green Entrepreneurship
How Sports Could Be Impacted by Climate Change
What Eco-Friendly Patients Should Know about Online Therapy
6 Reasons Why Meal Delivery Services are Eco-Friendly
The Path for Retail’s Sustainable Future
4 Eco-Friendly Ways to Treat a Sinus Infection
4 Strategies for Eco-Friendly Real Estate Investors to Find Properties
How Managed Print Services Helps to Reduce Paper Waste
Why Scientists Are Concerned About ‘Forever Chemicals’ In Drinking Water
Meat Farming Is Only Getting Smarter, Easier & Eco-Friendlier
What is Eco-Friendly Homesteading and How Does it Affect Your Insurance?
Importance of Using a Water Purifier in an Area with High Pollution
Alternative Financing Ideas for Green Businesses that Shun Banks
Tencel Material Demand Shows Britain Is More Eco-Friendlier Than Ireland
How To Invest in Clean Energy Stocks in Only Five Easy Steps!
How To Secure Funding As An Eco-Entrepreneur?
4 Amazing Eco-Friendly Businesses Worth Starting in 2021
- Features8 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy9 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features8 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Invest10 months ago
The Eco-Friendly Evolution of Bitcoin Over the Years