New data shows than 173 global companies collectively invested $3.6 billion (£2.2 billion, €2.7 billion) in community activities and projects around the world in 2014/15 – changing lives for the better.
Community Investment for a Changing World, the LBG Annual Review 2015, contains data and insights into how companies around the world – which are using the LBG framework to effectively measure community investments – are changing lives, building the capacity and profiles of non-profits and making their companies great places to work, all through corporate community contributions and investments.
The positive changes being made globally are revealed in the data, which shows that in 2014/2015:
– 93 million people directly benefited from the contributions of companies in the LBG network
– 260,000 non-profit organisations have been supported by the LBG network through one-off donations or long-term partnerships
– Organisations supported by LBG member companies raised their profiles, improved their services and reached more people
– 41% of investment beneficiaries achieved positive changes in behaviour, 21% improved their well-being and 13% acquired new skills
– Most corporate community investment in 2014/2015 has been directed towards two areas: education (35%) and health (22%), combatting two key societal issues
– 48% of employees of LBG member companies improved their job-related skills through involvement in the community
The LBG Annual Review 2015 also breaks down exactly how much LBG member companies are contributing to the community, through cash, in-kind, time and management costs:
– Corporate contributions equate to an average of $639/£387/€479 per employee
– 600,000 employees were actively engaged in volunteering during working time in 2015
– The average contribution by LBG member companies represents 1.1% of pre-tax profits
Commenting, Jon Lloyd, Head of LBG, said: “The LBG Annual Review shows that measurement matters. The quantity – the scale of contributions – is impressive. But it’s also about quality – we measure what these investments achieve. By setting clear objectives and measuring progress towards those goals, companies can deliver better programmes and achieve greater impact”.
LBG’s measurement framework is the global standard for measuring the totality of corporate community investment. The framework enables companies to consistently manage, measure and benchmark their contributions, helping them to strategically progress their community programs.
Like our Facebook Page
Can You Maximize Your Profits While Investing Ethically?
Environmental Benefits of Living in Miami. Why Is It Worth Moving There?
5 Ways To Shift To Green Energy At Home
Advantages of Free-Range Farming for Eco-Friendly Consumers
What is Eco-Friendly Investing and How Can You Embrace It?
Green Software Ideas to Implement with an Offshore Development Team
5 Things Eco-Conscious Consumers Should Know About Private Wells
The True Environmental and Social Costs of Mined Diamonds
20 Incredible Facts Eco-Tourists Should Know About Dubai
5 Massive Benefits of Turning to Renewable Energy
6 Tips For Getting the Most from a Solar-Powered Home
7 Excellent Ways to Live a Greener Lifestyle in 2021
How the Property Industry Is Embracing Eco-Friendliness Across the Board
Sustainability in Construction: Methods to Mitigate Environmental Impacts
New Company is Driving ESG Infrastructure Development in Mining
10 Tips to Turn Your Next Holiday into an Eco-Friendly Celebration
4 Benefits of Commuting with a Bicycle as an Eco-Friendly Consumer
Some Important Facts about Eco-Friendly Glass Railings
Impact Proof of Stake Ethereum Mining on Power Industry Sustainability
7 Business Survival Guidelines All Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Must Follow
- Features12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Interior Design Is Easier Than You Might Think
- Features10 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Energy6 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features5 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home