After 40 GW of PV installations in 2014, a confirmation of PVMA last January early estimate, 2015 experienced a significant growth with a market reaching at least 51 GW, exactly matching last year PVMA central scenario forecast. Strong growth was observed in all major markets while more emerging market started to contribute to the global growth.
- China installed in 2015 at least 15 GW, a 37% increase YoY. As anticipated, the utility-scale segment continues to dominate the market with a share of over 70% vs. distributed generation. China overtook the pole position from Germany with 43 GW installed capacity.
- Japan has installed about 10 GW of PV in 2015, with already 7.4 GW(AC) installed by the end of September under the FiT program.
- The US market grew by 56% in 2015 over 2014 to 9.8 GW, driven by ITC uncertainty and accelerated growth in the market for residential solar leases.
- Europe installed around 8.5 GW, driven primarily by a booming UK market at more than 4 GW, followed by a reduced German market at 1.4 GW.
- India confirmed its growth with 2 GW installed in 2015 and positive prospects for the coming years.
- As anticipated, a number of emerging markets on all continents started to contribute significantly to the global growth. Installations reached around 1.5 GW in other American countries and around 2.5 GW in other Asian countries, including Australia. Africa and the Middle East accounted together for about 1 GW.
These figures represent DC numbers and refer to grid connected PV systems. Figures reflecting installations or shipments of PV components can deliver slightly different results.
Like our Facebook Page
4 Tips For Choosing An Eco-Friendly Home Backup Power Source
10 Things To Consider When Choosing A Home Solar Company
5 Sustainable Ways Of Disposing Building And Demolition Waste
Why 2022 Is Your Last Chance to Get a 26% Return on Your Solar Kit
Why ESG Initiatives Are Vital in Tapping Young Investors
Is It Possible to Work in Tech Without Harming the Planet?
Zero Waste Living and Its Importance
Investing in a Sustainable Environmental Future for Northern Virginia
Prominent Trends in Seafood Sustainability in 2022
Sustainable Landscaping Tips for Your Property
Low Emission and Clean Air Zones: What You Need To Know
A Guide to Eco-Friendly Landscaping
Is the Hyundai i30 A Valuable Investment?
Is Couchsurfing a Good Option for Eco-Friendly Traveling?
Harnessing Sustainability with User-Centric Technology Innovation
12 Essential Things for Buying Your First Home
Tips for Optimal Waste Management in Your Home
5 Kitchen Design Trends Sustainable Homeowners Should Follow
Epic Reasons Eco-Friendly Tourists Should Visit Frankfurt
Hypermiling: The 3 Ways To Drive Your Car For Maximum Fuel Efficiency
Features11 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
Energy12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
Features11 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
Features10 months ago
5 Compelling Reasons to Hire an Eco-Friendly Contractor