It may seem surprising, but Mother’s Day is just round the corner. Instead of running out at the last minute to pick up a generic Mother’s Day gift – use our tips to take care of your mother and Mother Nature this year. Take a look through the Rainforest Alliance’s green gift ideas and get to work on spoiling mum and caring for our planet’s finite resources at the same time:
Get sustainable in the kitchen.
– Make mum breakfast in bed. How about pancakes with a coffee or smoothie? Mash up or puree bananas that were grown on Rainforest Alliance CertifiedTM to help caramelise pancake batter, making it tastier and healthier.
– Make a mother’s day cake and enrich the flavour by adding Rainforest Alliance CertifiedTM coffee grounds to chocolate cake mix or brownie batter — and speaking of coffee…
Save up your Rainforest Alliance CertifiedTM coffee and tea grounds for ‘upcycled’ gifts.
– Coffee can be a wonderful, natural exfoliant for skin. Mix coffee grounds with a bit of coconut oil and brown sugar, or use the grounds on their own, to make small batches of a sustainable face scrub. And a bonus tip for dark-haired mums: running coffee grounds through hair during a shower can give brunette locks a healthy sheen.
– Help mum out in the garden! When added to compost, tea leaves can deter garden insects and can sustainably enrich your soil. Leftover coffee grounds can also be used as sustainable mulch in mum’s spring flower and carrot garden – and also deter ants and snails from having their own Mother’s Day brunch on mum’s budding blooms.
– After whipping up a delicious, sustainable Mother’s Day breakfast, be sure to finish the job properly by washing up the dishes for mum! Coffee grounds can help scour away tough grease spots on pots and pans.
Like our Facebook Page
Can You Maximize Your Profits While Investing Ethically?
Environmental Benefits of Living in Miami. Why Is It Worth Moving There?
5 Ways To Shift To Green Energy At Home
Advantages of Free-Range Farming for Eco-Friendly Consumers
What is Eco-Friendly Investing and How Can You Embrace It?
Green Software Ideas to Implement with an Offshore Development Team
5 Things Eco-Conscious Consumers Should Know About Private Wells
The True Environmental and Social Costs of Mined Diamonds
20 Incredible Facts Eco-Tourists Should Know About Dubai
5 Massive Benefits of Turning to Renewable Energy
6 Tips For Getting the Most from a Solar-Powered Home
7 Excellent Ways to Live a Greener Lifestyle in 2021
How the Property Industry Is Embracing Eco-Friendliness Across the Board
Sustainability in Construction: Methods to Mitigate Environmental Impacts
New Company is Driving ESG Infrastructure Development in Mining
10 Tips to Turn Your Next Holiday into an Eco-Friendly Celebration
4 Benefits of Commuting with a Bicycle as an Eco-Friendly Consumer
Some Important Facts about Eco-Friendly Glass Railings
Impact Proof of Stake Ethereum Mining on Power Industry Sustainability
7 Business Survival Guidelines All Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Must Follow
- Features10 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Energy6 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features5 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Features10 months ago
5 Simple Ways To Create A Greener And Healthier Home