Crowdfunding by entrepreneurs and small businesses is becoming an ever-more popular way of securing funds to kickstart exciting and innovative ideas.
In April, we brought you the 10 best green crowdfunding projects that we could find (a few of which are still accepting investment) and we’ve done the same again this month. Here are some of our favourites.
This new renewable energy company conducts research that looks into the feasibility of growing energy crops in areas of land that are unsuited to producing food. By using a technique called root grafting, it investigates which species hosts the quickest and hardest growth yield. The Biomass Project is looking to produce a website whilst purchasing more tree cuttings.
River of Flowers is seeking £1,000 to work with communities to develop ‘rivers’ of wildflowers across cities – an essential resource for pollinators including bees and butterflies. By raising awareness of the role and need for wildflowers in the urban environment, the project aims to introduce greenery into stations on the London Underground.
Vicky and Simon Lacey, who recently opened a sustainability centre on an organic farm in Cambridge, are asking for £1,600 to build a tipi. When finished, the aim is to use it for school visits to teach the next generation about the environment, whilst making it available for sustainable weekends away.
4. Songbound: Emma Hocknell has developed Songbound – an educational outreach initiative designed to teach impoverished children in India about music and singing within a safe environment.
5. Badger cull direct action fund: With badger culls due to begin in the UK later this year, campaign group Animal Rights UK is asking for people to pledge money to prevent it from happening by using non-violent direction action.
6. Ghana Beach Community School Build: Make a Difference Foundation (MAD) is asking for £9,900 to develop a permanent classroom for Maranatha community school in Ada, west Africa, to permanently repair damages caused by storms.
7. Ropewalk community garden: Craig Rye wants to repair damage caused by vandalism at a Hampshire community garden – a green public space in the heart of Southampton.
8. Stop child labour project: Acro Inn and Properties is asking for £2,500 to strengthen its entrepreneurial programme designed to provide decent jobs for parents in order to eliminate child labour operations in the Philippines.
9. The Community Recycling Centre: Mike Green is setting up a community recycling centre to help recycle unwanted electrical goods and wood. He is asking for £400 to fund the tools needed to deconstruct and recycle objects.
10. The Bristol Cycling Manifesto: This project aims to set up the Bristol Cycling Manifesto and Cycling Strategy to make the most of the large number of cyclists in Bristol – more than any other major UK city.
Like our Facebook Page
How to Find an Eco-Friendly Termite Control Service Provider in Malaysia
Eco-Friendly Vegans Win Most Battles Not the War
3 Iconic Chicago Billboards Eco-Friendly Advertisers Can Learn from
EnviroSolar’s Abe Issa Discusses Success in Green Entrepreneurship
How Sports Could Be Impacted by Climate Change
What Eco-Friendly Patients Should Know about Online Therapy
6 Reasons Why Meal Delivery Services are Eco-Friendly
The Path for Retail’s Sustainable Future
4 Eco-Friendly Ways to Treat a Sinus Infection
4 Strategies for Eco-Friendly Real Estate Investors to Find Properties
How Managed Print Services Helps to Reduce Paper Waste
Why Scientists Are Concerned About ‘Forever Chemicals’ In Drinking Water
Meat Farming Is Only Getting Smarter, Easier & Eco-Friendlier
What is Eco-Friendly Homesteading and How Does it Affect Your Insurance?
Importance of Using a Water Purifier in an Area with High Pollution
Alternative Financing Ideas for Green Businesses that Shun Banks
Tencel Material Demand Shows Britain Is More Eco-Friendlier Than Ireland
How To Invest in Clean Energy Stocks in Only Five Easy Steps!
How To Secure Funding As An Eco-Entrepreneur?
4 Amazing Eco-Friendly Businesses Worth Starting in 2021
- Features8 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy9 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features8 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Invest10 months ago
The Eco-Friendly Evolution of Bitcoin Over the Years