Entrepreneurial sales director vacancy (home-based, full-time or part-time, high commission, OTE £75,000+, options)
We are searching for a highly entrepreneurial and ethical sales person, who wants a leadership role and stake in a growing, early-stage sustainability business. This role is not for the timid and comes with a motivationally low basic. That said, the role is highly flexible, home-based, can be full- or part-time to suit, has significant commission potential and options for a stake in the business.
Our mission, which you’ll need to share with a passion, is to encourage people to invest in and buy from fast-growth sustainable companies – those that successfully balance the needs of the planet, its people and all of our prosperity.
You’ll be the kind of fearless individual who would have responded first and enthusiastically to Ernest Shackleton’s polar expedition advertisement:
Wanted for hazardous journey; small wages, bitter cold, constant danger, safe return doubtful; honour and recognition in case of success.
The sales director will be responsible for driving all revenue for Blue & Green Tomorrow. This person will sell sponsorship and advertising in our monthly in-depth reports, weekly newsletter and website, in addition to seeking out new revenue opportunities.
This is a critical commercial role and once successful you will be responsible for growing, developing and leading a high-performing sales team built on your own considerable success. The role comes with significant autonomy (within our stated sustainable mission) and the responsibility that comes with that.
– Be able to survive on a low basic salary
– Be a truly exceptional collaborative sales person
– Care passionately about success, ethical business and the environment
– Be a fearless recent graduate with a couple of incredibly successful sales roles under your belt or a highly experienced sales person looking for a leadership role
– Be very comfortable working with ultra-high net-worth individuals
– Know how to build a sales pipeline from scratch and hit the ground running on day one
– Know how to sell online and printed space, develop creative campaigns that meet the needs of a client and always deliver on promises
– Have truly excellent communication skills – on the telephone and face-to-face
– Have excellent people skills – you will be working with a variety of people with different backgrounds and levels of experience
– Have excellent MS Office and IT skills – ideally salesforce.com
– Be well organised with exceptional time management, an ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines, and the ability to handle a variety of tasks at the same time
– Be a good team player – we are a small team and you will need to be flexible
– Be proactive, independent, and able to use your initiative
– Have lots of energy, be excited by our mission to save the planet, keen to be involved and learn
– Think weekends, ever leaving work early and holidays are for ‘other people’
– Know how to turn no into yes
– Know how to create massive awareness, interest, desire and action from scratch
If you need security, a comfortable salary, a nice car with lots of perks, please do not apply – we will only disappoint.
If you want to lead the most ethical sales force in the UK and help build a powerful and responsible voice in British media, we’d certainly love to hear from you.
If you’re interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover email, explaining why you are the best candidate for the role, and curriculum vitae.
No agencies please.
Register with Blue and Green
To leave a comment on this article, fill in your details below to register, alternatively if you are already registered you can login here