We’re hiring summer interns
The Blue & Green Internship aims to take exceptional graduates and turn them into even more exceptional journalists – that make a difference.
Launched in 2010, Blue & Green Tomorrow is the fastest growing sustainability magazine in the UK. Our audience is more affluent than the Financial Times’ and is rising by 10% per month.
Our mission is to support the growth of sustainable companies by getting our readers to buy from, and invest in, those companies that balance the needs of planet, people and prosperity.
We create entertaining and useful content, covering the inspirational people, disruptive companies and incredible innovation taking place in sustainability.
Our values are fair, accessible, responsible, optimistic and ethical.
We need brilliant 2012/2013 graduates with 160 hours to spare over the next eight weeks to join us and write about sustainable investment, clean energy, responsible tourism and ethical retail. The roles are paid and the very best will secure full time roles with us.
During your internship you will
– Learn more about sustainability and journalism
– Interview thought leaders and innovators in this space
– Create 64 published news articles and 16 published feature articles for your portfolio
One of our first interns, Alex Blackburne, is now editor of the magazine and a recognised authority on renewable energy and sustainable investment. He says, “I had my heart set on being a sports journalist after graduating from university. However, working for Blue & Green Tomorrow and writing about the things we write about transformed my outlook within a matter of weeks.
“This is not mundane reporting; it’s journalism that genuinely makes a difference.”
Our founder, Simon Leadbetter is a serial entrepreneur, blue chip financial corporation marketer with media roles at Northcliffe, Daily Telegraph, The Guardian and Emap. If you want to work in media, this will be the springboard to amazing things.
We are looking for graduates with excellent academic records of accomplishment who believes in ethical journalism as force for good. Having an interest in sustainability is vital.
– Appreciate the importance of telling a compelling narrative
– Be word perfect (spelling & grammar) first time, every time – accurate, elegant and clear writing under pressure
– Possess a basic curiosity and resourcefulness, proactive, independent, and able to use your initiative
– Be highly numerate – an appreciation of the importance of data, facts and figures
– Have a real interest in covering environmental and ethical problems
– Have an awareness of how social media works and how social networks relate to news and newsgathering
– Have lots and lots of energy, be excited by our mission, keen to be involved and learn more about sustainability
The internship is a paid fixed contract for 8 weeks (£7.45p/h for 20 hours a week)
Send a short email explaining who you are and why you would be a perfect fit for the role, as well as your CV. All docs in MS Word 1997-2003.
Send these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will invite successful applicant to participate in an exercise where you will demonstrate your ability to research five stories, writing style and competence.
Register with Blue and Green
To leave a comment on this article, fill in your details below to register, alternatively if you are already registered you can login here