The votes came in and were verified. 2,195 votes were cast in total. 15,365 preferences were made. Votes were transferred as candidates were knocked off in each round. In the end, the transferring went across 12 rounds to determine the final winner who would secure more than 50% of the initial and transferred votes.
Roger Harrabin and Tom Heap of the BBC and Dame Vivienne Westwood drop out in round one – their supporters’ next preferences are transferred for round two. Six candidates have secured more than 10%, three women and three men. Catherine Howarth, CEO of ShareAction, secured the greatest share of votes in the first round.
These are the round one results:
- Blue & Green Marbles Finalist: Catherine Howarth, CEO ShareAction
- Blue & Green Marbles Vote: Three Brilliant Women #bluegreenmarbles
- Blue & Green Marbles: Caroline Lucas MP, Our Sustainability Personality of the Year
- Blue & Green Marbles Vote: Round Eleven #bluegreenmarbles
- Blue & Green Marbles Vote: Round Ten – All Female Final 3 #bluegreenmarbles