In response to Trump’s appointment as President of the United States today, Friends of the Earth chief executive officer, Craig Bennett, commented:
“The election of President Trump is clearly a major threat to our climate and future well-being of generations to come.
“But thankfully the clean energy revolution is now unstoppable. And we’ll always have Paris, which commits the rest of the international community to climate action.
“If Mr Trump chooses to disengage then he will hand the next industrial revolution lock, stock and barrel to China.
- Applications For German Energy Start Up Award Accepted Until The End Of January
- Campaigners Appeal With EU To Make Food Waste Promise Binding
- 10 things every person can do to prevent climate change
- WWF Scotland Praise New Energy Strategy
- Friends Of The Earth Scotland Respond To Scotland’s Energy Strategy
“It is now more important than ever for individuals, communities, cities, regions and companies to lead the way in building a cleaner, safer future or us all.”