In response to Trump’s appointment as President of the United States today, Friends of the Earth chief executive officer, Craig Bennett, commented:
“The election of President Trump is clearly a major threat to our climate and future well-being of generations to come.
“But thankfully the clean energy revolution is now unstoppable. And we’ll always have Paris, which commits the rest of the international community to climate action.
“If Mr Trump chooses to disengage then he will hand the next industrial revolution lock, stock and barrel to China.
- Climate Risks Causing Storm Surge To Threaten Coast
- Trump’s Victory Triggers US Trade Association to Attack Climate Policy Again
- Leading International Asset Owners Launch Climate Change Investment Initiative
- Demand For Electric Cars Boosts UK Car Market
- Scotland Leads In Minimizing UK Electricity’s ‘Climate Impact’
“It is now more important than ever for individuals, communities, cities, regions and companies to lead the way in building a cleaner, safer future or us all.”