Today’s (11 April) Economic and Social Research council review on the EU Referendum and the UK environment provides new academic evidence that remaining in the EU delivers a more certain future for the UK environment.
Commenting on the review, Sam Lowe, Friends of the Earth campaigner, said:
“This expert review adds further evidence to the argument that Friends of the Earth has been making for months: The UK’s environment is best served working together with our European partners.
“The report makes clear that the EU has been good for our environment; helping to improve the quality of our water, develop recycling and protect the UK’s beautiful nature.
- Applications For German Energy Start Up Award Accepted Until The End Of January
- Campaigners Appeal With EU To Make Food Waste Promise Binding
- 10 things every person can do to prevent climate change
- WWF Scotland Praise New Energy Strategy
- Friends Of The Earth Scotland Respond To Scotland’s Energy Strategy
“From climate change, to air pollution, to destruction of the natural world – this generation faces huge challenges which we cannot deal with alone. This is why the environment must be at the heart of the debate about our European future.”