Friends of the Earth’s senior political campaigner acknowledged to news that Theresa May will be the next leader of the Conservative Party and the new Prime Minister, Liz Hutchins, commented:
“Theresa May has the opportunity to create a positive vision for Britain.
“The UK should be a global leader on climate change and protect boldly our wonderful natural world.
- Applications For German Energy Start Up Award Accepted Until The End Of January
- Campaigners Appeal With EU To Make Food Waste Promise Binding
- 10 things every person can do to prevent climate change
- WWF Scotland Praise New Energy Strategy
- Friends Of The Earth Scotland Respond To Scotland’s Energy Strategy
“It is young people who will live the longest with political decisions made now, and the world they inherit should not be compromised: environmental protection should be at the heart of government decisions.
“A commitment to uphold and strengthen environmental protection, whatever the outcome of negotiations with Europe is what is needed now. Theresa May must not concede to voices pushing for a race to the bottom on environmental and social protections.”