Every Can Counts has launched its first online game, in a bid to get users of social media across Europe to think more about recycling their empty drinks cans.
Hosted on Facebook, the new CanDunk game aims to engage with online audiences across nine European countries, including the UK.
The game tasks players to successfully launch as many empty drinks cans as possible into an Every Can Counts recycling bin within 60 seconds. Players who successfully dunk five cans or more are then entered into a prize draw to win £100 worth of shopping vouchers.
Rick Hindley, executive director of Every Can Counts, said: “Our recent research has shown that while 80 per cent of those in the UK use recycling facilities at home, however more than half (55 per cent) aren’t actively recycling their empty drinks cans whilst out and about. The Can Dunk game is a prime example of one of the new ways we are targeting consumers to become more aware to recycle their drinks cans when they are out and about using social media on mobile and other portable devices.”
- Why Installing Filtered Water Coolers Is Beneficial To The Environment And Your Business
- Thomson Ecology Partner With London’s Imperial College On New eDNA Research
- Decommissioning of First Rigs In Great Yarmouth To Begin
- Bruce Bratley of First Mile Urges UK Businesses to Rethink Their Approach to Combat Global Warming
- Five Days In And London Has Already Exceeded Air Pollution Limits For 2017
To play the Every Can Counts CanDunk game which is available for UK entries until Friday 12 February 2016 please visit: http://bit.ly/ecccandunk. To find out more about how your business or organisation can sign up to Every Can Counts visit www.everycancounts.co.uk or call 01527 597 757.