- It’s Class Warfare, Stupid. The GOP Crusade Against Health Care
- No, Paul, It Wasn’t Because of ‘Growing Pains’
- Two Ethanol Trains Derail, and One Explodes, as Industry Embraces Riskier PracticesOn March 8, a train pulling 80 tank cars of ethanol derailed in Providence, Rhode Island. Luckily, no ethanol was spilled and no one was injured. However, activists immediately began calling for a halt to these “unit trains” ... read more
- The Challenge to the Dakota Access Pipeline Isn’t Over: Cheyenne River Sioux Take Battle to Court
- Chris Hedges Explains the Importance of ‘Robust’ Public Broadcasting
- How the Koch Brothers Took Down the GOP Health Care Bill
- 2017 SkS Weekly Climate Change & Global Warming News Roundup #12
- Puzzling [a cartoon from the United Arab Emirates]By Paresh Nath, The Khaleej Times, UAE / Cagle Cartoons Related Entries January 11, 2006 Site Preferences March 25, 2017 Islamic State Is Encouraging Loner Attacks to Mask Its Decline ... read more
- ISIS Is Encouraging Loner Attacks to Mask Its Decline
- Erdogan Hurls ‘Nazi’ Epithets as He Campaigns to Bolster His Power in Turkey
- Truthdigger of the Week: Sen. Ed Markey, Longtime Supporter of Net Neutrality and Consumer Privacy
- Keeping America Great: Smart Rules Can Help The Economy And Nature ProsperBarely a month after his inauguration, President Trump is proceeding with plans to dismantle protections under the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act. The targets include limiting pollution into streams and wetlands that flow ... read more
- Youth Perspective: The Everglades’ superpower: absorbing carbon pollutionSource: Yale Climate Connections Mangrove forests in Florida’s wetlands capture global warming pollution and trap it underwater. 01 : 30 MIN SEC By Erika Street Hopman Originally published Monday, March […] ... read more
- Popular Roar Forces House GOP to Withdraw Trumpcare Vote and Kill the Bill
- DifficultyBy Mike LuckovichRelated Entries March 24, 2017 From the ‘Nation of Poets’ to Trump’s America, One Somali-Born Writer Is Giving Refugees a Voice March 24, 2017 The Extraordinary Lynne Stewart ... read more
- UK energy firms including big six miss smart meter deadlineOfgem considering further steps to protect billpayers as a result of suppliers’ failure to cut back-bills’ limit from 12 to six monthsBritain’s leading energy providers are under fire again after missing a deadline to help ... read more
- Does ‘Green Energy’ Have Hidden Health and Environmental Costs?
- Shrinking Arctic sea ice threatens the majestic Beluga whale
- The eco guide to keeping your recycling muscles fitIt’s desperately important that we redouble our efforts to combat pollution and wasteRecycling is a bit like fitness. The moment you stop putting in the effort, you lose your muscle.This was on my mind as ... read more
- The hidden treasures of Mount Mabu – in picturesIn the mid-2000s, in a room at Kew Royal Botanical Gardens, Professor Julian Bayliss used Google Earth to discover a hidden rainforest in Northern Mozambique which is home to dozens of new species of flora ... read more
- Foreign companies flock to build nuclear plants in the UKA South Korean firm is just the latest to be lured by Britain’s atomic amibitions as safety concerns and cost stalk the industryNuclear energy faces an uncertain future globally as concerns over safety and cost ... read more
- A case for reconstructing the world of sustainable building standardsCertifications must go beyond incremental improvements meant to minimize climate change. Instead, architects and engineers should aspire to create blueprints that are socially, economically and environmentally "regenerative." ... read more
- Fell race tests even the spectatorsDent Fell, west Cumbria Runners in the Jarrett’s Jaunt race have little time to appreciate the fell’s panoramic views of the Solway FirthBy hump-backed Wath Brow bridge, weary fell runners step gingerly down slippery banking ... read more
- Ending Gender-Based Violence Key to Health and Well-BeingUNITED NATIONS, Mar 24 (IPS) - Physical injuries are some of the more visible, and at times most deadly, consequences of gender-based violence (GBV). But the long-term mental health consequences are often invisible and left ... read more
- The World Faces a Historic Opportunity to Ban Nuclear Weapons
- Why reignite Tasmania’s forest wars – to produce logs no one will buy? | Lenore TaylorThe state government’s determination to open up protected land for logging is a saga that moves from ridiculous to absurd I thought I’d seen the turbid depths of policy driven by ideology and perceived political ... read more
- Leading Global Warming Deniers Just Told Us What They Want Trump to DoWhat does a climate change denier wish for when everything seems possible? With Congress and the White House in agreement on the unimportance of science, there's no need to settle for rolling back President ... read more
- A Carbon Law to Protect the ClimateUXBRIDGE, Canada, Mar 24 (IPS) - The Carbon Law says human carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions must be reduced by half each decade starting in 2020. By following this "law" humanity can achieve net-zero CO2 emissions ... read more
- Anti-Adani activists vow ‘direct action’ against mine contractor DownerCampaigners will occupy work sites, chain themselves to machinery and clog phone lines, Galilee Blockade saysA group of activists say the mining contractor Downer Group is the “prime target” of a civil disruption campaign to ... read more
- Under Fire, Journalism Explores Self-PreservationPARIS, Mar 24 (IPS) - With widespread attacks on professional journalists and the rise of a fake-news industry, media experts agree that journalism is increasingly under fire. But how can the press fight back and ... read more
- Daily Digest 3/26 – One Step From Meltdown, Trump Vs. CongressUpset in France would have bigger impact here than Brexit or Trump Trump Vs. Congress: Now What? GOP Eyes Tax Overhaul -- And Lessons From Health-Care Failure One Step From Meltdown JNUG up, Stalled? Sell now ... read more
- More Than Ever, We Need A Strong EPA
- Another Tipping Point For Coal: Big Oil Eyeballs Big WindPresident Trump keeps promising to bring back coal jobs, but success drifts further out of reach as big oil sets its sights on wind energy development Another Tipping Point For Coal: Big Oil Eyeballs Big ... read more
- Climate Change Pushes World Into ‘Uncharted Territory’
- Connie Hedegaard: “I wish that European institutions would focus more on climate and environmental questions to show the value of the EU to EU citizens.”This week, Tobias Engelmeier interviewed Connie Hedegaard, First chair of the Board for the KR Foundation, a large Danish climate and sustainability foundation operating globally Connie Hedegaard: “I wish that European institutions would focus more ... read more
- Los Angeles International Airport Now Has Zero-Emissions Utility Shuttle (ZEUS) Buses From WallyPark’s LotsWhen I notice a large city vehicle that is fully electric or a utility truck that is electric or even a hybrid, I breathe a sigh of relief. It is nice to know the local ... read more
- Uber Suspends Self-Driving Vehicle Testing Following Accident In Arizona (Other Vehicle’s Driver At Fault)Uber has temporarily suspended its self-driving vehicle testing following an accident in Tempe, Arizona, according to recent reports. To be clear, though, Uber's self-driving Volvo wasn't at fault — the driver of a different vehicle ... read more
- Nissan’s Electric Vehicles — Resilient Power & Mobile Emergency BackupI like the breeze off the Gulf of Mexico, but it's sometimes too strong — the summer hurricane season is upon us, and who knows what's around the corner? Those essential services we typically take ... read more
- Global Concerns Over China’s “Manufacturing 2025” Initiative Highlighted In New EU Report
- “Professor X” Aims To Disrupt Autonomous Vehicle Tech With Silicon Valley Startup AutoXSome people just aren't satisfied with the safe route in life and can't help but to unleash their passions on the world in the form of disruptive new approaches to existing or emerging markets. Dr. ... read more
- BMW i3 Gets Dirty As Professional Rally Racer Runs It Through The PacesProfessional rally driver Rauno Aaltonen of Aaltonen Motor Sport took his BMW i3 away from the safety of asphalt roads and onto an off-road rally course to see how the i3 would hold up. He ... read more
- Major Businesses Say States’ Clean Cars Program Provides Economic BenefitsA representative of Ceres spoke at the California Air Resources Board (CARB) hearing on March 24 on behalf of major U.S. businesses - representing over $400 billion in annual revenue - that support clean car ... read more
- Guangzhou, New York, & Vancouver Are Making Climate Solutions A RealityThe climate crisis is a problem caused by humans that can be solved by humans. These three cities are proving it. Guangzhou, New York, & Vancouver Are Making Climate Solutions A Reality was originally published ... read more
- How To Make Attending A Climate Reality Leadership Corps Training A RealityA recently trained Climate Reality Leader offers tips on fundraising, networking, and taking action to get the most out of a training. How To Make Attending A Climate Reality Leadership Corps Training A Reality was ... read more
- Peru’s Deadly Floods Ring Alarm Bell for Latin America
Start-ups still have until 31st January 2017 to submit their entries for the international ‘Start...
The European Parliament's Environment Committee have voted to introduce EU-wide targets to reduce food waste...
In response to the release of Scotland’s first comprehensive Energy Strategy, Dr Richard Dixon, Director...
Scottish Renewables welcomed yesterday’s publication of the Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy, a detailed plan which...
IEMA, in response to the launch of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper, have welcomed...
In response to the report published yesterday, which revealed that the cost of power from...
In response to Monday’s announcement that ‘air audits’ will be conducted in 50 London Schools,...
While environmental concerns are mounting every year, demand for green solutions is growing at a record pace. According to a recent analysis, the green...
Tomorrow Blue & Green celebrates its 6th birthday – remember, remember the 5th of November...