- Bolivia seeks $250 mln from Green Climate Fund to tackle drought – FAOBy Sophie Hares | February 21 2017 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) Drought-hit Bolivia will seek $250 million from the Green Climate Fund for projects to bolster water management and food security, said […] ... read more
- FEATURE-Investing in disaster resilience now ‘mission critical’ for businessBy Adela Suliman and Sophie Hares | February 21 2017 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, Gillis, Ellis & Baker, a New Orleans-based insurance company, relocated […] ... read more
- Chris Hedges and Dr. Margaret Flowers Discuss How to Fix the Health Care System (Video)
- Rising Up! protest blockades Heathrow airportA direct action protest by Rising Up! today blocked access to three Heathrow terminals to press their demand for no third runway at the UK's biggest airport. The activists included both climate campaigners and local ... read more
- The 4 Dangerous Syndromes of Coping With Donald Trump (Video)
- How Conservatives Could Save the Environment and Grow the EconomyIf Donald Trump and his team were to tackle climate change, he could genuinely help the people who voted for him. But are the incoming president and his GOP cohorts in Congress willing to warm ... read more
- Tensions Simmer In Standing Rock Protest Camps As Evacuation NearsAs demonstrators prepare to leave the Standing Rock protest camps, what's next for the Dakota Access Pipeline fight? ... read more
- 3 Signs the Hydrogen Economy is For RealDespite Elon Musk's famous put-down of hydrogen fuel cell technology, three powerful nations are growing the market for fuel cells. ... read more
- 2018 World Cup in Russia is Toxic to SponsorsThe 32-team World Cup is usually a global gold mine for FIFA and its sponsors, which pay up to $50 million to have their brands associated with the event. But so far, sponsors aren't flocking ... read more
- In Munich, Talk Of Climate Change and Growing Risk of WarDuring the Munich Security Conference last weekend, some expressed concern that climate change risks could escalate social conflicts around the globe. ... read more
- Wisdom Can Be BipartisanAt Wisdom 2.0, a mindfulness conference in Silicon Valley, thought leaders shared advice on how to drive social impact in politically-charged times. ... read more
- Should Steve Bannon Resign? He and Milo Yiannopoulos Spread Fake News of Hillary as Pedophile
- The Vegan Food Boom is Good for People, Planet and ProfitFor vegan-centered businesses, our food choices aren’t just about physical health; they're about global sustainability and long-term economics. ... read more
- 70% of Oil and Gas Companies Have Been Hacked – and the Threat is GrowingA survey from Siemens with the Ponemon Institute shows that most oil and gas companies have been hacked last year, writes Judy Marks, CEO of Siemens USA. Data is being compromised and supplies are getting ... read more
- Is the U.S. Ready for a Carbon Tax?The idea of taxing the carbon content of energy--and presumably the goods and services produced with it--is back in the news. A group of Republican "wise men" has floated it as an alternative to the ... read more
- Giant anteater and jaguar in rare battle – camera-trap video
- Businesses call for SDGs to act as a pillar for long-term environmental policyMore than 60 organisations have called on the UK Government to place the spirit and aims of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the heart of the proposed 25 Year Environment Plan to ... read more
- Our technology can clean up air pollution hotspots | LetterProfessor Lewis’s analysis of ways to tackle air pollution (10 ways to beat air pollution: how effective are they?, theguardian.com, 15 February) is disappointingly dismissive of technology that can work in bus shelters or other ... read more
- Tesla Hasn’t Revealed Earnings Since It Acquired SolarCity. Here’s What to Watch for This Week
- Russia increases involvement in Libya by signing oil dealLibyan national oil corporation says contract with Rosneft to redevelop oilfields lays groundwork for further investment Russia has significantly boosted its involvement in Libya by signing a potentially major contract to help redevelop Libyan oilfields. ... read more
- Flexibility needed ‘urgently’ to avoid spiralling renewable costsThe Government needs to "act urgently" to deliver a more flexible power system and avoid "spiralling" costs from the integration of renewables, the UK Energy Research Centre has warned. ... read more
- HSBC revamps deforestation policy after Greenpeace investigationHSBC has launched a new zero-deforestation policy following a Greenpeace investigation which linked the banking corporation to organisations that have been destroying Indonesia's rainforests. ... read more
- Could This New Method of Extracting Uranium From Seawater Help Nuclear Power?
- Heathrow protest by climate activists causes delays on M4Campaigners chain themselves to a vehicle, blocking motorway tunnel leading to airport and causing lengthy delaysClimate activists protesting against Heathrow’s planned third runway caused lengthy delays on the M4 by blocking a tunnel leading to ... read more
- Hot moments you missed at GreenBiz 17 in PhoenixNearly 1,000 souls — including executives from Amazon and Greenpeace — shared their sustainability visions in the Arizona desert at our annual namesake event. ... read more
- Red Tape Snarls Nepal’s Ambitious Poverty-Alleviation PlansKATHMANDU, Feb 21 (IPS) - Juna Bhujel of Sindupalchowk District, 85 kilometres northeast of Nepal's capital Kathmandu, lost her daughter-in-law in the Apr. 25, 2015 earthquake. Fortunately, she managed to rescue her two-year-old grandson, who ... read more
- GM, Steelcase see a web of opportunity in the circular economyThe manufacturing giants talked creating jobs and cutting supply chain waste at the GreenBiz 17 conference in Phoenix. ... read more
- Chinese firms dominate top 200 clean energy moneymakersChina is playing a leading role in the corporate clean energy landscape, with almost the double number of U.S. companies in latest rankings . ... read more
- ‘Insane’ camera trap video captures rare battle in the AmazonWithout camera traps we would never be privy to two endangered species sparring in the remote Amazon rainforest.As darkness descended over the Peruvian Amazon in 2006, my wife and I listened spellbound while our guide ... read more
- Food industry moves to remedy expiration dating gamesIn a bid to reduce food waste, two major industry associations have released new guidance to clarify food expiration dates. ... read more
- 30 Years Of Presidential Quotes On Climate ChangeDo you know where recent U.S. presidents stand on climate change? The facts may surprise you. In honor of Presidents’ Day on February 20th, we created this quiz of presidential climate quotes. Test your knowledge ... read more
- Tesla Is Not A Car, It’s A RevolutionThree years ago this month, Bloomberg published this “view” by Edward Niedermeyer, an auto journalist who gets published on big websites because he’s an auto journalist who gets published on big websites. With three years ... read more
- Tesla May Be Hinting Model 3 Could Be Coming Sooner Than Expected (Video)On Instagram, @ty02ryan posted a glimpse of the Model 3 and Tesla's Gigafactory. The post appears to be video footage taken in the Third Street Promenade's Tesla store in Santa Monica, CA. Another encouraging observation: ... read more
- Antarctic Sea Ice Now At Lowest Levels Since Record-Keeping Began (Preliminary NSIDC Figures)
- World’s Largest Oil Producer Will Float 700 Megawatts Of Renewable Energy Tenders
- Canada’s Fossil Fuel Subsidies Total $3.3 Billion
- Siemens Tops Out On Green Revenue Clean200 List As China Leads The WayGerman manufacturing and electronics company Siemens has ranked first on the latest Clean200 list from As You Sow and Corporate Knights, a list of the largest publicly traded companies making significant revenue from clean energy. ... read more
- Chevy Bolt Review From BMW i3 Owner (Test Drive Review)I recently came across an interesting account of a BMW i3 owner's test drive of a Chevy Bolt EV. It's not the most generous review that I've read of the Bolt EV by any stretch ... read more
- Investors Urged To Engage With Banks To Back Low-Carbon TransitionInvestors are being urged to engage with banks using their voting rights to increase the role banks play in the transition to a low-carbon economy. Investors Urged To Engage With Banks To Back Low-Carbon ... read more
- India’s ReNew Power Gets $200 Million In Fresh Equity InfusionGoldman Sachs-backed renewable energy project developer ReNew Power Ventures recently reported that a Japanese company was issued equity shares worth $200 million India’s ReNew Power Gets $200 Million In Fresh Equity Infusion was originally published ... read more
- $1.8 Billion Of India’s Coal Tax Invested In Renewable Energy So Far
- 7,000 Railways Stations In India To Go Solar
- New Zealand Set To Emerge As Global Leader In Renewables & Smart Energy Systems, Says IEAFor some time now, New Zealand has been a global renewable energy and energy efficiency leader, with strong and lofty ambitions and robust policies to make these ambitions happen. A new report from the International ... read more
- Three New Solar Farms Totaling 320 Megawatts For North Victoria
- Feds delay $650M grant for CA rail electrification projectCalifornia commuter rail agency Caltrain will have to wait a little bit longer to find out if the Federal Transit Administration will come through with a $647 million grant to help it electrify a San ... read more
Start-ups still have until 31st January 2017 to submit their entries for the international ‘Start...
The European Parliament's Environment Committee have voted to introduce EU-wide targets to reduce food waste...
In response to the release of Scotland’s first comprehensive Energy Strategy, Dr Richard Dixon, Director...
Scottish Renewables welcomed yesterday’s publication of the Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy, a detailed plan which...
IEMA, in response to the launch of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper, have welcomed...
In response to the report published yesterday, which revealed that the cost of power from...
In response to Monday’s announcement that ‘air audits’ will be conducted in 50 London Schools,...
While environmental concerns are mounting every year, demand for green solutions is growing at a record pace. According to a recent analysis, the green...
Tomorrow Blue & Green celebrates its 6th birthday – remember, remember the 5th of November...