- Hidden Consequences of Hiring 15,000 Border Patrol and Immigration Agents
- Trump Bars Whole Spate of Outlets from White House Briefing in Act of Pure AuthoritarianismBy Jacob Sugarman / Alternet The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times and several others were all denied access. Related Entries February 24, 2017 One Asian-American Slain, Another Wounded in a Kansas ... read more
- If Ellison and Perez Are So Similar, Why Did Establishment Democrats Nominate Perez for Party Chair?Haim Saban, founder of the Saban Capital Group and a major donor to the Democratic Party. (Nati Harnik / AP) Obama’s White House pushed former Labor Secretary Tom ... read more
- 3p Weekend: Bipartisan Collaboration in the Age of Trump (Yes, It Still Happens)In a time when we seem more divided than ever before, it's easy to doubt whether bipartisan collaboration is even possible. But a few glimmers of hope crossed our newsfeeds these past six weeks, and ... read more
- As solar refrigerator keeps mangoes cold, farmers’ profits heat upBy Leopold Obi | February 24 2017 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) It is a hot and cloudless morning, a sign that it will be sunny right through the afternoon. Joseph Mailu moves […] ... read more
- Latin America’s cities sweat over health risks from urban heatBy Sophie Hares | February 24 2017 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) Rio de Janeiro is sweltering in blazing temperatures as it gears up for its spectacular carnival later this month, but in […] ... read more
- FEATURE-Can Barcelona ‘superblocks’ cut traffic and clean up city air?By Sophie Davies | February 24 2017 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) The daily life and work of Gabrielle Green, a language teacher in the Spanish city of Barcelona, just got that […] ... read more
- Investors urged to quench growing thirst for climate-friendly financeBy Megan Rowling | February 24 2017 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) India, like many developing countries, is grappling with how to fund a massive increase in its clean energy supplies as part […] ... read more
- Watch: President Trump’s CPAC Speech
- White Terrorist Reportedly Shoots Asian-American Engineers in Wake of Trump Travel Ban
- Hell No
- The Road That Exposed Peru’s AmazonA drive along the Interoceanic Highway shows how it has opened the rainforest to mining, agriculture, and deforestation ... read more
- Steve Bannon Says ‘Deconstruction of Administrative State’ Is Trump’s Plan
- The North Atlantic Will Cool Much Faster Than Predicted
- Historian Juan Cole Warns Against Strongmen At Home and AbroadThe University of Michigan Middle East scholar tells Truthdig’s Editor-in-Chief that Islamic terrorism is over-reported in the United States and the association between violence and religion is unfounded. Related Entries February 23, 2017 ... read more
- Tracks in the snow where carnivores passed in the nightAchvaneran, Highlands The tracks went straight down the garden, through the fence and over the burn with one leap. It knew where it was goingThe previous night’s snowfall had been just right for tracking: about ... read more
- Aid Arrives for Rohingya After ViolenceUNITED NATIONS, Feb 24 (IPS) - A Malaysian aid convoy has arrived in Myanmar with supplies for ethnic Rakhine civilians and Rohingya Muslims. The Malaysian government sent hundreds of tons of food and other necessities ... read more
- Huge Health Needs for World’s One Billion MigrantsROME/COLOMBO, Feb 24 (IPS) - With an estimated 1 billion migrants today --or one in every seven people-- their health needs are huge. Nevertheless, health systems are struggling to adapt and consequently access to health ... read more
- Antarctic Ice Lowest Ever – Asia at High Risk – Africa Drying UpROME, Feb 24 (IPS) - For those who still deny the tangible impact of climate change, please note that the extended spell of high global temperatures is continuing; the Arctic is witnessing exceptional warmth with ... read more
- Chris Grayling advises motorists to ‘think hard’ before buying dieselTransport secretary recommends low-emission cars after it emerges that thousands of children breathing toxic airDrivers should “think long and hard” before buying a diesel car and instead consider purchasing a low-emission vehicle, the transport secretary ... read more
- Unresolved Brinks North-East Nigeria to StarvationUNITED NATIONS, Feb 24 (IPS) - Years of violence and unrest in North-East Nigeria have left millions of people at risk of starving to death. Both the violent up surging of Boko Haram and the ... read more
- Anxiety has become a way of life for my generation. In an insecure world, is it any surprise? | Simon CoplandAs we face what has become an epidemic of anxiety disorders, we must confront the social conditions behind it It always hits me in the gut first. I often feel it first thing, my stomach ... read more
- Covanta Waste-to-Energy Facility Offsets 5 Millions Tons GHG EmissionsCovanta has reached a deal with the Southeastern Connecticut Regional Resource Recovery Authority to continue operating its Southeastern Connecticut Resource Recovery Facility waste-to-energy facility in Preston. The post Covanta Waste-to-Energy Facility Offsets 5 Millions Tons ... read more
- Environmental Executive Moves: Land O’Lakes, BioAmber, Arcadis, Genoil, Aquatic InformaticHere’s the latest news on hirings, promotions and departures among environmental leaders. The post Environmental Executive Moves: Land O’Lakes, BioAmber, Arcadis, Genoil, Aquatic Informatic appeared first on Environmental Leader. ... read more
- We need a recipe to save the red squirrel | Brief letters
- The Return of GTM’s Energy News Quiz: Can You Rival Our Editorial Team?Welcome to GTM's energy news quiz. It's been nearly a year, but we're back for weekly energy news quizzes to keep you on your toes. I'm your host, Mike Munsell. Be sure to ... read more
- Renew Financial Expects to Close $1 Billion in PACE Deals in 2017—Outpacing the Last Nine Years
- Help Create New Waste Management Standards
- UK-France interconnector gets government go aheadA 1GW electricity interconnector through the Channel Tunnel has been approved as a House of Lords committee says energy security must be the government’s key priority ... read more
- Pruitt Working to Fix Chemical Backlog from Updated TSCA
- Video Of Siemens Electric Plane With 260 kW MotorWe've been covering news of Siemens electric aviation efforts for quite a while, and things seem to be continuing to come along well. The goal still seems to be the creation of a viable hybrid ... read more
- Waymo Files Suit Against Otto & Parent Company Uber, Alleging “Misappropriation” Of Trade Secrets
- Commentary: Michigan Businesses Thank Lawmakers for Strengthening Clean Energy Standards
- 9 Edible Wildflowers of SpringWith warmer temps approaching, you will be able to discover and use fresh wildflowers as part of your diet. Here are 9 great additions to keep an eye out for. https://www.wildedible.com/9-edible-wildflowers-spring Join the conversation » ... read more
- Carbon Tax Proposal Deserves Attention, But Big Questions Remain
- Renault Zoe Starts 2017 Strong — #1 In Europe, Followed By BMW i3, Nissan LEAF, & VW Passat GTE
- Daily Digest 2/24 – Good News Friday: The Building Blocks Of Life, The Greatness Of HumilityTemperate earth-sized worlds found in extraordinarily rich planetary system The building blocks of life are much more common than we thought Bert Dohmen: “Gold & Silver: Opportunity of a Lifetime?” The Librarian Of Congress And ... read more
- 2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid — 626 Pound-Feet Of Torque, 680 Horsepower
- Arctic Ocean Floor Trash Litter Levels Rose 20-Fold In Just 10 Years At Some SitesTrash litter levels on the Arctic ocean floor are rising fast, with concentrations at one deep-sea station rising 20-fold in just a decade, according to new research from the Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for ... read more
- BYD e6 Selected for South East Asia’s Largest All-Electric Taxi FleetBuilding on the success of an earlier 30 vehicle BYD e6 all-electric taxi pilot, Singapore taxi company HDT (which stands for Hold Dreams Together) issued a tender for another 100 electric taxis, which BYD won ... read more
- UK Marine Energy Leaders & Politicians Gather To Advocate Further Support
- Gamesa Meets Business Plan Year Ahead Of Schedule On Back Of 77% 2016 Profit IncreaseSpanish wind energy giant Gamesa has reported its full-year 2016 financial results Thursday, revealing that its profit for the year had increased 77% and exceeded the goals of its own Business Plan 2015-2017 one year ... read more
- GE Renewable Energy To Supply First US Integrated Solar-Wind Hybrid ProjectGE Renewable Energy has been selected to supply wind and solar components for the first ever US commercial integrated solar-wind hybrid project. GE Renewable Energy To Supply First US Integrated Solar-Wind Hybrid Project was ... read more
- Denmark Generated Enough Wind Energy To Power All Its Electricity Needs On Wednesday
- “Fabulous” Precious Metal Kickstarts Energy-to-Fuel System, Solar StyleA new study indicates that rhodium can be an efficient catalyst for converting carbon dioxide to methane -- does that count as renewable energy “Fabulous” Precious Metal Kickstarts Energy-to-Fuel System, Solar Style was originally published ... read more
Start-ups still have until 31st January 2017 to submit their entries for the international ‘Start...
The European Parliament's Environment Committee have voted to introduce EU-wide targets to reduce food waste...
In response to the release of Scotland’s first comprehensive Energy Strategy, Dr Richard Dixon, Director...
Scottish Renewables welcomed yesterday’s publication of the Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy, a detailed plan which...
IEMA, in response to the launch of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper, have welcomed...
In response to the report published yesterday, which revealed that the cost of power from...
In response to Monday’s announcement that ‘air audits’ will be conducted in 50 London Schools,...
While environmental concerns are mounting every year, demand for green solutions is growing at a record pace. According to a recent analysis, the green...
Tomorrow Blue & Green celebrates its 6th birthday – remember, remember the 5th of November...