- Trump Administration Issues ‘Sweeping Rewrite’ of Immigration Policies
- Love Letters From Both Sides of Incarceration
- The Enemies [a cartoon from Germany]Related Entries February 20, 2017 Standing Rock: Last Stand at Oceti Sakowin Camp February 16, 2017 Small Survey Finds Negative Feelings Among Police Toward Black Lives Matter ... read more
- Be Right BackBy Mike LuckovichRelated Entries February 20, 2017 Standing Rock: Last Stand at Oceti Sakowin Camp February 16, 2017 Small Survey Finds Negative Feelings Among Police Toward Black Lives Matter ... read more
- Most California Dams Aren’t Ready to Cope With Extreme Weather EventsDespite increasing evidence of climate impacts, state isn’t considering climate change for new dams and water storage projects that are in the works ... read more
- Questioning North Dakota Media Coverage of the #NoDAPL Movement
- Rewilding SpiritualityEfforts to address the planetary crisis must include a contemporary spiritual ecology to cultivate the deep humility and fierce resolve required to live sustainably and create a new story about the place of humanity in ... read more
- Bolivia seeks $250 mln from Green Climate Fund to tackle drought – FAOBy Sophie Hares | February 21 2017 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) Drought-hit Bolivia will seek $250 million from the Green Climate Fund for projects to bolster water management and food security, said […] ... read more
- FEATURE-Investing in disaster resilience now ‘mission critical’ for businessBy Adela Suliman and Sophie Hares | February 21 2017 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, Gillis, Ellis & Baker, a New Orleans-based insurance company, relocated […] ... read more
- Chris Hedges and Dr. Margaret Flowers Discuss How to Fix the Health Care System (Video)
- Rising Up! protest blockades Heathrow airportA direct action protest by Rising Up! today blocked access to three Heathrow terminals to press their demand for no third runway at the UK's biggest airport. The activists included both climate campaigners and local ... read more
- The 4 Dangerous Syndromes of Coping With Donald Trump (Video)
- How Conservatives Could Save the Environment and Grow the EconomyIf Donald Trump and his team were to tackle climate change, he could genuinely help the people who voted for him. But are the incoming president and his GOP cohorts in Congress willing to warm ... read more
- Tensions Simmer In Standing Rock Protest Camps As Evacuation NearsAs demonstrators prepare to leave the Standing Rock protest camps, what's next for the Dakota Access Pipeline fight? ... read more
- 3 Signs the Hydrogen Economy is For RealDespite Elon Musk's famous put-down of hydrogen fuel cell technology, three powerful nations are growing the market for fuel cells. ... read more
- Toyota Bets Big on Hydrogen Fleets
- Farmers deliver stark warning over losing access to EU seasonal workersNFU president says ‘food will rot in fields and Britain will lose ability to produce its own food’ unless government guarantees access to workforceFarmers have warned that food will “rot in the fields” and Britain ... read more
- Raising the steaks: the Seattle startup crowdfunding sustainable beefCow Crowd works directly with ranchers across the US, cutting out the middleman and giving farmers an alternative to selling calves to factory farmsIf crowdsourcing makes you think of fundraising campaigns for smartwatches and wine ... read more
- Mexican Solar Market ‘in a Comfortable Spot’ as Auctions Spur Project SurgeMexico's solar market is in a "comfortable spot" after record-low prices for PV projects undercut wind in last September’s auction, said experts at a solar briefing in Mexico City last week. “Mexico’s permitting ... read more
- Humanitarian Crisis, Result of Decades of Globalization with No Concern for Social JusticeGENEVA, Feb 21 (IPS) - The distressing images of desperate people making the treacherous journey across the Mediterranean Sea and the Balkans to escape armed conflict, social tensions, discrimination and poverty harm the preconditions to ... read more
- Commercial-Residential Development Earns LEED Gold
- 数位来自世界各地的言论自由活动家已被列入审查指数 (Index on Censorship) 之言论自由奖的最终候选名单受邀之评判员包括演员Noma Dumezweni; 以及Vanity Fair前主编Tina Brown 被列入最终候选名单的言论自由活动家一共有十六人： 此奖项之最终候选者包括被津巴布韦当局拘扣的#ThisFlag活动家，一位来自伊朗在澳洲被拘留的寻求庇护者，一位中国大陆的漫画家以及一位来自俄罗斯的人权活动家。Index on Censorship 为了奖赏在世界各地与种种审查制度搏斗多年的记者以及艺术家而拟定了这个候选名单。特别值得一提的是，被大众提名的言论自由活动家一共有四百位之多。这十六位候选者为了争取言论自由经常遭受当地政府的迫害, 有的甚至面临生命危险。 Index on Censorship 之活动总裁 Jodie Ginsberg 说过：“候选者的艺术作品无论大小，都能够在争取言论自由这方面引发显著的正面效果。此奖项认可了这十六位为了争取言论自由遭受种种迫害的最终候选者。” 2017年审查指数之言论自由奖再分为四种奖项: 艺术奖，言论自由运动奖，电子活动奖以及新闻业奖。 此奖最终候选者包括来自津巴布韦的 Evan Mawarire。令Evan大失所望的当地政府促使他组织#ThisFlag这项活动。一名来自伊朗库尔德族的记者Behrouz Boochani ，也是最终候选者之一。 他记载了在巴布亚新几内亚被拘留的寻求庇护者之生活点滴。候选者当中有一位来自中国大陆的漫画家，他就是笔名为“变态辣椒” 的王立铭，以其政治讽刺漫画而闻名。 其他的候选者包括首位因参与非法集会而被监禁的俄罗斯行动主义分子, Ildar Dadin, 应付达吉斯坦妇女所面临的种种压迫之组织，Daptar, 一群塞维利亚记者为了举报贪污罪行而成立的 “KRIK”组织 , 一个为讽刺匈牙利政而成立的 ... read more
- Unilever’s Commitment to the Circular Economy is Going Straight Ahead
- New ACT programme seeks to assess transformative business modelsNew methodologies to quantify the preparation of companies in the utilities, transport and retail sectors in shifting towards a low-carbon economy look set to be deployed, after year-long pilot projects highlighted the needs of ... read more
- Bao Bao the giant panda leaves Washington zoo for new home in ChinaThe three-year-old giant panda left the Smithsonian’s National Zoo Tuesday to take a 16-hour non-stop to China to join a panda breeding program thereBao Bao, a three-year-old giant panda who has called the Smithsonian’s national ... read more
- Read My Lips: Know New Carbon Taxes [GTM Squared]... read more
- Giant anteater and jaguar in rare battle – camera-trap video
- Businesses call for SDGs to act as a pillar for long-term environmental policyMore than 60 organisations have called on the UK Government to place the spirit and aims of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the heart of the proposed 25 Year Environment Plan to ... read more
- Our technology can clean up air pollution hotspots | LetterProfessor Lewis’s analysis of ways to tackle air pollution (10 ways to beat air pollution: how effective are they?, theguardian.com, 15 February) is disappointingly dismissive of technology that can work in bus shelters or other ... read more
- Tesla Hasn’t Revealed Earnings Since It Acquired SolarCity. Here’s What to Watch for This Week
- Prepping for Seniors7 steps for creating a personal support network that to help seniors and the elderly find safety and security during emergencies and natural disaster situations. http://www.redcross.org/prepare/location/home-family/seniors Join the conversation » ... read more
- Agissons durgence pour sauver les océansSource: Les Échos - LE CERCLE/PROJECT SYNDICATE - Les océans ont servi, jusqu’ici, de poubelle collective. Il est primordiale que les Nations unies s’engagent à protéger ces étendues d’eau. Elles assurent la subsistance de trois ... read more
- Québec débloque 12,7 millions pour la recherche sur le climatSource: La Presse - Le gouvernement du Québec a annoncé ce matin qu'il attribuait une aide financière de 12,7 millions de dollars pour soutenir la recherche sur les changements climatiques. Les fonds sont accordés à ... read more
- Easy As Two Plus Two — How To Regain Our DemocracyAs a former conservative Republican (in fact, a former NRA life member), I believe I am as disappointed as any Democrat by what I am seeing in Washington today. The White House and Congress are ... read more
- 30 Years Of Presidential Quotes On Climate ChangeDo you know where recent U.S. presidents stand on climate change? The facts may surprise you. In honor of Presidents’ Day on February 20th, we created this quiz of presidential climate quotes. Test your knowledge ... read more
- Tesla Is Not A Car, It’s A RevolutionThree years ago this month, Bloomberg published this “view” by Edward Niedermeyer, an auto journalist who gets published on big websites because he’s an auto journalist who gets published on big websites. With three years ... read more
- Tesla May Be Hinting Model 3 Could Be Coming Sooner Than Expected (Video)On Instagram, @ty02ryan posted a glimpse of the Model 3 and Tesla's Gigafactory. The post appears to be video footage taken in the Third Street Promenade's Tesla store in Santa Monica, CA. Another encouraging observation: ... read more
- Antarctic Sea Ice Now At Lowest Levels Since Record-Keeping Began (Preliminary NSIDC Figures)
- World’s Largest Oil Producer Will Float 700 Megawatts Of Renewable Energy Tenders
- Canada’s Fossil Fuel Subsidies Total $3.3 Billion
- Siemens Tops Out On Green Revenue Clean200 List As China Leads The WayGerman manufacturing and electronics company Siemens has ranked first on the latest Clean200 list from As You Sow and Corporate Knights, a list of the largest publicly traded companies making significant revenue from clean energy. ... read more
- Chevy Bolt Review From BMW i3 Owner (Test Drive Review)I recently came across an interesting account of a BMW i3 owner's test drive of a Chevy Bolt EV. It's not the most generous review that I've read of the Bolt EV by any stretch ... read more
- Investors Urged To Engage With Banks To Back Low-Carbon TransitionInvestors are being urged to engage with banks using their voting rights to increase the role banks play in the transition to a low-carbon economy. Investors Urged To Engage With Banks To Back Low-Carbon ... read more
- India’s ReNew Power Gets $200 Million In Fresh Equity InfusionGoldman Sachs-backed renewable energy project developer ReNew Power Ventures recently reported that a Japanese company was issued equity shares worth $200 million India’s ReNew Power Gets $200 Million In Fresh Equity Infusion was originally published ... read more
- $1.8 Billion Of India’s Coal Tax Invested In Renewable Energy So Far
Start-ups still have until 31st January 2017 to submit their entries for the international ‘Start...
The European Parliament's Environment Committee have voted to introduce EU-wide targets to reduce food waste...
In response to the release of Scotland’s first comprehensive Energy Strategy, Dr Richard Dixon, Director...
Scottish Renewables welcomed yesterday’s publication of the Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy, a detailed plan which...
IEMA, in response to the launch of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper, have welcomed...
In response to the report published yesterday, which revealed that the cost of power from...
In response to Monday’s announcement that ‘air audits’ will be conducted in 50 London Schools,...
While environmental concerns are mounting every year, demand for green solutions is growing at a record pace. According to a recent analysis, the green...
Tomorrow Blue & Green celebrates its 6th birthday – remember, remember the 5th of November...