Huntly & District Development Trust in Aberdeenshire is inviting expressions of interest in its upcoming renewable energy share offer. Individuals and organisations are being offered the opportunity to invest in a 500 kw wind turbine to be constructed at Greenmyres farm some 4 miles south east of Huntly, close to existing turbines at Dummuies wind farm. Greenmyres farm is owned by the Trust on behalf of the local community. Investors can earn up to 5% annually.
The aims of the scheme are to generate low carbon green electricity, to offer a financial return from a wind turbine and to produce funds for community projects within the AB54 postcode area around rural Huntly which has an overall population of 11,507.
The project will also pay an annual return to shareholders. The wind turbine has planning permission, a grid connection and has applied for the Feed-in-Tariff (FIT) pre accreditation.
– Shares will be available early 2016
– The minimum investment is £250 and the maximum is £100,000.
– Investors are expected to leave their funds in for at least three years
– Funds will be repaid over a period of 20 years
– Investors will receive up to 5 % interest on shares annually
– A legally separate organisation will issue the shares and run the project
There is more information at here
By registering your interest you will be sent the full share offer information as soon as this is available.
HDDT is a registered Scottish Charity SCO4335
The date for the launch of the share offer is expected to be in January 2016 and will be decided soon and the deadline for applying for shares is expected to be in early 2016. More details will be sent when available to those who register an interest.