For successfully leading the charge in Europe on divestment from fossil fuels, but also investment in more sustainable and positive options. To both divest (which isn’t enough on its own) and invest.
Read more about the 2015 Sustainability Personality of the Year and Blue & Green Marbles here.
Sarah has been a leader in the field of sustainable energy for the past 20 years and is on a mission to convince the world of its huge benefits in tackling climate change, reducing poverty and improving lives. She is particularly vocal about energy efficiency, the need to support cleantech entrepreneurs, and energy access in developing countries. Sarah is an active member of the International Sustainable Energy for All Practitioner Network, and in the UK has contributed to high-level consultations on the Green Deal.
- #bluegreenmarbles Vote for Dame Vivienne Westwood, fashion designer and businesswoman #sustainpersonoftheyear15
- #bluegreenmarbles Vote for Roger Harrabin and Tom Heap of the BBC #sustainpersonoftheyear15
- #bluegreenmarbles Vote for Nicola Sturgeon, First Minister of Scotland #sustainpersonoftheyear15
- #bluegreenmarbles Vote for Mark Goyder, CEO of Tomorrow’s Company #sustainpersonoftheyear15
- #bluegreenmarbles Vote for Karl Harder, Louise Wilson & Bruce Davies, Abundance Generation #sustainpersonoftheyear15
Hotelier and restaurateur Mark Sainsbury is a co-owner of the Zetter Group with his business partner Michael Benyan. He is a director of Draft House Holdings, a founding director of The Sustainable Restaurant Association and a trustee for the Ashden Awards for Sustainable Energy. Founder of the multi award-winning Clerkenwell restaurant, Moro, (alongside chefs Sam and Sam Clark), Sainsbury’s early restaurant experience included the Roux brothers and the Union Cafe.