Consortia Invited to Apply for Low Emission Innovation Funding
OLEV and Innovate UK are inviting consortia to apply for a share of £24m to develop innovative low emission vehicles or on-vehicle systems.
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) and Innovate UK are to invest up to £24 million to enable industry-led research trials and the development of innovative low emission vehicles or on-vehicle systems. These projects must reduce emissions in the freight, logistics, utilities and emergency industries.
Heavy-goods vehicles and vans contribute 31% of the UK’s domestic transport greenhouse gas emissions. The aim of this competition is to encourage the widespread introduction of low emission vehicles to UK fleets. This will help the UK meet its CO2 reduction targets. It will also help reduce other emissions and reduce fleet operating costs.
This competition is in 2 streams.
- Part 1 will fund projects that trial vehicles and on-vehicle technology. The aim is to test the benefits of the technology before commercialisation
- Part 2 will fund projects that develop innovative and disruptive on-vehicle technologies, systems or business models. These must reduce emissions in the real world.
- This competition is open now.
- The registration deadline is noon on 12th October 2016.
- The application deadline is noon on 19th October 2016.
- There will be a briefing event for potential applicants in Solihull on 14 July 2016.
- We expect projects to range in size from total costs of £250,000 to £5 million.
- Projects must be collaborative and involve a vehicle operator.
Find out more about the competition here.
Register with Blue and Green
To leave a comment on this article, fill in your details below to register, alternatively if you are already registered you can login here