To mark Good Money Week 2016, John David, head of Rathbone Greenbank Investments gives 5 reasons why ethical investment makes sense.
- Your financial objectives can be achieved while staying true to your values – companies with high ethical standards and sustainable business practices are likely to make good long-term investments.
- You can use your money to help build a better future for everyone. Ethical investment is not just about what you don’t invest in. It is also about where you do invest, for example renewable energy, healthcare, education and affordable housing.
- Investing ethically can bring about corporate change. Shareholder rights can be used to vote at annual general meetings guiding the direction of companies, for example with regard to executive pay or social and environmental reporting.
- Investment can be a powerful force for good. The inclusion in the Modern Slavery Act 2015 of the Transparency in Supply Chains initiative (requiring large companies to report on the steps they are taking to prevent modern slavery within their supply chains) came about through investor activism.
- Public scrutiny demands strong stewardship – charities need to make informed financial choices in order to ensure that their investments do not conflict with their mission.
Like our Facebook Page
4 Tips For Choosing An Eco-Friendly Home Backup Power Source
10 Things To Consider When Choosing A Home Solar Company
5 Sustainable Ways Of Disposing Building And Demolition Waste
Why 2022 Is Your Last Chance to Get a 26% Return on Your Solar Kit
Why ESG Initiatives Are Vital in Tapping Young Investors
Is It Possible to Work in Tech Without Harming the Planet?
Zero Waste Living and Its Importance
Investing in a Sustainable Environmental Future for Northern Virginia
Prominent Trends in Seafood Sustainability in 2022
Sustainable Landscaping Tips for Your Property
Low Emission and Clean Air Zones: What You Need To Know
A Guide to Eco-Friendly Landscaping
Is the Hyundai i30 A Valuable Investment?
Is Couchsurfing a Good Option for Eco-Friendly Traveling?
Harnessing Sustainability with User-Centric Technology Innovation
12 Essential Things for Buying Your First Home
Tips for Optimal Waste Management in Your Home
5 Kitchen Design Trends Sustainable Homeowners Should Follow
Epic Reasons Eco-Friendly Tourists Should Visit Frankfurt
Hypermiling: The 3 Ways To Drive Your Car For Maximum Fuel Efficiency
Features11 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
Energy12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
Features11 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
Features10 months ago
5 Compelling Reasons to Hire an Eco-Friendly Contractor