Bonds are a form of debt. Essentially they are like an IOU where the investor loans money to a company, the government or another organisation.
The money is paid back in full over a set period of time with regular interest payments. Bonds are commonly referred to as fixed-income securities. Along with stocks and cash equivalents, they are one of the main asset classes.
- Investors Who Ignore Climate Risk Could be Sued
- From commodity to asset: how conversations about workers are changing in China
- Sustainable investment as a solution to the world’s ocean crisis
- Threadneedle named best SRI provider at 2014 UK Pensions Awards
- Bank of England may consider ‘green quantitative easing’ in future
Photo: doctor-a via Freeimages