Blue & Green Tomorrow has produced a new report chronicling events from the eighth Responsible Tourism in Destinations (RTD8) conference, which took place in Manchester on April 3-5.
The event was co-ordinated by Harold Goodwin, professor of responsible tourism in the Centre for Responsible Tourism at Manchester Metropolitan University. It coincided with English Tourism Week and Responsible Business Week.
Writing in the foreword of Blue & Green Tomorrow’s report, Goodwin said, “The conferences bring together those academics who are engaged in different ways in endeavours to make tourism better for local communities, our environment and for the visitors.
“Responsible Tourism is about making better places for people to live in, and better places for people to visit.”
- £50 Million In Positive Investment Raised by Ethex
- Social Enterprise UK’s Chief Executive Reveals 2017 Wish List For Ministers
- LBG Companies Reconsider Philanthropy And Community Investment
- Campaigners Argue That Bus Services Bill Must Be Used To Improve Rural Transport
- Opening Of A New Ethical Retail Shop
Included are reviews of days one and two – which brought together some of the industry’s leading thinkers to discuss issues ranging from destination management to climate change – as well as interviews with some of the speakers and organisers.