Amber Rudd was appointed Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change on 11 May 2015. She was the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department of Energy and Climate Change from July 2014 until May 2015. She was elected Conservative MP for Hastings & Rye on 6 May 2010.
From 2010 to 2012 she was a member of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Select Committee. She then served as Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Chancellor of the Exchequer from 2012 to 2013, and as Assistant Whip from October 2013.
Graduating from the University of Edinburgh with a degree in history, Amber Rudd worked in investment banking in the City of London and New York, before moving into venture capital. She then set up a freelance recruitment business and wrote for financial publications, before being elected to Parliament in May 2010.
A selection of Amber Rudd’s votes. (Source: theyworkforyou.com)
- Voted a mixture of for and against measures to prevent climate change
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the “bedroom tax”)
- Voted strongly for reducing central government funding of local government
- Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons
- Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK’s membership of the EU
- Voted moderately for more EU integration
- Amber Rudd voted very strongly for selling England’s state owned forests
Votes by issue:
Photo: DECC via Flickr
We’re live on Crowdcube. To own a share in our tomorrow, click here.
Like our Facebook Page
Cultivating an Environmentally-Friendly Home
Eco-Friendly Healthcare: Five Steps for a More Sustainable Medical Practice
Embracing Profit and Long-Term Sustainability: An Undeniably Green Future
4 Eco-Friendly Tips to Maximize the Fuel Efficiency of Diesel Generators
How Your Business Can Create a More Sustainable Supply Chain
There is no Planet B: The Growing Importance of ESG
How Municipalities Can Become More Energy Efficient
The 10 Best Eco-Friendly Destinations to Visit in France
5 Incredibly Simple Ways to Make Money Streaming Eco-Friendly Content
5 Great Ways to Have a More Eco-Friendly Wedding This Year
Greta Thunberg: a True Advocate for Environmental and Women’s Rights
The Vegan Revolution: Rise of The Plant-Based Business
Here’s Why Solar Power Demand Has Accelerated Sharply
Africa Must Capitalize on Growing Interest in Sustainable Investments
Creating an Eco-Friendly Garden that is Free of Pests
How to Make Your Ecommerce Business More Eco-Friendly?
Luxury Development for The Ultra-Rich Causing Climate Change Conundrum in Barbuda
How Can Social Media Help In Promoting Sustainable Lifestyle?
4 Electric Car Maintenance Tips to Slash Your Carbon Footprint
3 Things Sustainable Companies Do for ‘Green’ Construction
- Features9 months ago
Eco-Friendly Interior Design Is Easier Than You Might Think
- Features7 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Features7 months ago
5 Simple Ways To Create A Greener And Healthier Home
- Environment10 months ago
The Benefits Of Sustainable Agriculture For Farmers