Amber Rudd was appointed Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change on 11 May 2015. She was the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department of Energy and Climate Change from July 2014 until May 2015. She was elected Conservative MP for Hastings & Rye on 6 May 2010.
From 2010 to 2012 she was a member of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Select Committee. She then served as Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Chancellor of the Exchequer from 2012 to 2013, and as Assistant Whip from October 2013.
Graduating from the University of Edinburgh with a degree in history, Amber Rudd worked in investment banking in the City of London and New York, before moving into venture capital. She then set up a freelance recruitment business and wrote for financial publications, before being elected to Parliament in May 2010.
A selection of Amber Rudd’s votes. (Source: theyworkforyou.com)
- Voted a mixture of for and against measures to prevent climate change
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability
- Voted strongly for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the “bedroom tax”)
- Voted strongly for reducing central government funding of local government
- Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons
- Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK’s membership of the EU
- Voted moderately for more EU integration
- Amber Rudd voted very strongly for selling England’s state owned forests
Votes by issue:
Photo: DECC via Flickr
We’re live on Crowdcube. To own a share in our tomorrow, click here.
Like our Facebook Page
Prominent Trends in Seafood Sustainability in 2022
Can PEMF Help To Improve Plant Growth for Eco-Friendly Gardeners
How the U.S. Government is Promoting Green Energy in the Country
12 Essential Things for Buying Your First Home
Harnessing Sustainability with User-Centric Technology Innovation
Making Your Dream of Having an Eco-Friendly Garden Come True
Tips for Optimal Waste Management in Your Home
The Agricultural Benefits of Weather Stations for Eco-Friendly Farmers
What Makes Online Furniture Eco-Friendly?
How Eco-Friendly Indian Tourists Can Apply for Visas to Brazil
7 Eco-Friendly Plant-Based Alternatives for Everyday Products
Teaching Them While They’re Young: Sustainability Tips for All Ages
Top 5 Benefits of Eco-Friendly Cars
Why Eco-Friendly Homes Should Have Outdoor Bathrooms
Merits of Sustainability Reporting: What Every Manager Must Know
Low Emission and Clean Air Zones: What You Need To Know
4 Ways To Build A Sustainable Home
Why Transitioning Your Company to an EV Fleet Makes Sense?
CEO Brian Ladin Explains How The Shipping Industry Is Going Green
A Guide to Eco-Friendly Landscaping
- Features11 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy11 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features10 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Features10 months ago
5 Compelling Reasons to Hire an Eco-Friendly Contractor