Ricoh has recently achieved landmark milestones in its commitment to finding new, innovative ways to enhance a more sustainable future. These quantifiable actions, such as reducing its energy emissions by the equivalent of the carbon emissions from 6,500 passenger vehicles, demonstrate Ricoh’s dedication to continuously finding ways to improve lives and sustain our planet. In fact, Ricoh* has reduced its energy use emissions to a level that is now less than they were in 2010 while also activating other environmental corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities.
“Ricoh is committed to enhancing our environmental sustainability and impacting a more sustainable society as our new world of work evolves,” said Martin Brodigan, Chairman and CEO, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “The way we work today has changed from that of just five years ago – and a big part of that change is how organizations address sustainability. Ricoh has been dedicated to improving sustainability for 40 years, and we are proud to take this expertise and leverage it to help our customers reach their sustainability goals. It’s a cultural focus that we are extremely proud of, and one that we are continuing to see make a true impact on our society both locally and internationally.”
Ranging from international efforts such as being named the official partner of the United Nation’s COP21’s climate conference, to U.S. activities including supporting the White House’s American Business Act on Climate pledge and local accomplishments including the Wildlife at Workbiodiversity conservation certification, Ricoh’s dedication to contributing to advancements in environmental sustainability is front and center. Recent activities, milestones and pledges that support Ricoh’s efforts include:
· Ricoh is committed to reducing the total lifecycle CO2 emissions of the Ricoh Group by 30% by 2020 and by 87.5% by 2050 from year 2000 levels. In the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015, Ricoh achieved a successful decrease of 35.8%. · Wildlife at Work certification – In November 2015, the Wildlife Habitat Council(SM) awarded Ricoh with its Conservation Certification which recognizes corporate conservation efforts. Ricoh’s West Caldwell, NJ office’s Pollinator Gardens has been a constant staple at the facility since April 2012 when WHC biologists surveyed the property. From the fall of 2013, a dedicated team of Ricoh employees, all seeking to help build a more sustainable environment volunteered to plant, monitor, water and weed the garden.
- Ricoh has joined the U.S. EPA SmartWay® Transport Partnership, an innovative collaboration between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and industry that provides a framework to assess the environmental and energy efficiency of goods movement supply chain. As a member of this program, Ricoh will contribute to the Partnership’s savings of 144.3 million barrels of oil, $20.6 billion in fuel costs, 61.7 MMT of carbon dioxide, 1,070,000 tons of nitrogen oxides, and 43,000 tons of particulate matter, the equivalent of taking 13 million cars off of the road.
- Ricoh has been recognized as an outstanding company in the Climate Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) through CDP, the international NPO that drives sustainable economies. This recognition demonstrates that Ricoh comprehensively discloses information such as the calculation and management of emissions, climate change strategy, and the process and the results of risk management.
- In the U.S., Ricoh joined other businesses and consumers to celebrate ENERGY STAR Day, which recognizes the commitment to save energy and protect the planet. The company encouraged employees, customers, partners and family members to take a pledge to reduce carbon emissions. As a result, Ricoh secured nearly 1,400 pledges, one of the top contributors to the overall ENERGY STAR campaign.
· Green Excellence in Partnership award recipient – The Coalition for Government Procurement named Ricoh the winner of its prestigious Green Excellence in Partnership award in October 2015. This program recognizes individuals in the procurement community who have demonstrated a long-term commitment to improving the federal acquisition system.· All Ricoh manufacturing and production sites worldwide are certified ISO 14001 for their environmental management system.· Ricoh has been listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) for three years in a row, obtaining the industry best score in four categories: “Innovation Management,” “Privacy Protection,” “Environmental Policy/Management System” and “Climate Strategy.”· Ricoh has been featured in the FTSE4Good Index for the past 11 years.
- Ricoh has started a forest ecosystem conservation project in Mexico which is expected to spur the recovery of the wetland ecosystem, mitigate the damage caused by natural disasters, and improve the lives of local residents.
Ricoh’s Long History of Commitment to Achieving Enhanced Sustainability Ricoh has been a dedicated advocate to supporting the development of a more sustainable society for 40 years when Ricoh announced the establishment of its Environmental Promotion Section in 1976. Ricoh has strived to achieve a balance between the Planet (the environment), People (society) and Profit (economic activities). To achieve this goal, the Ricoh Group follows a number of activities to reduce the environmental impact on the planet exercised by resource extraction, energy use or the release of chemicals, and participates in activities to protect biodiversity.
Like our Facebook Page
Can You Maximize Your Profits While Investing Ethically?
Environmental Benefits of Living in Miami. Why Is It Worth Moving There?
5 Ways To Shift To Green Energy At Home
Advantages of Free-Range Farming for Eco-Friendly Consumers
What is Eco-Friendly Investing and How Can You Embrace It?
Green Software Ideas to Implement with an Offshore Development Team
5 Things Eco-Conscious Consumers Should Know About Private Wells
The True Environmental and Social Costs of Mined Diamonds
20 Incredible Facts Eco-Tourists Should Know About Dubai
5 Massive Benefits of Turning to Renewable Energy
6 Tips For Getting the Most from a Solar-Powered Home
7 Excellent Ways to Live a Greener Lifestyle in 2021
How the Property Industry Is Embracing Eco-Friendliness Across the Board
Sustainability in Construction: Methods to Mitigate Environmental Impacts
New Company is Driving ESG Infrastructure Development in Mining
10 Tips to Turn Your Next Holiday into an Eco-Friendly Celebration
4 Benefits of Commuting with a Bicycle as an Eco-Friendly Consumer
Some Important Facts about Eco-Friendly Glass Railings
Impact Proof of Stake Ethereum Mining on Power Industry Sustainability
7 Business Survival Guidelines All Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Must Follow
- Features10 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Energy6 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features5 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Features10 months ago
5 Simple Ways To Create A Greener And Healthier Home