Positive Luxury, in collaboration with some of the most influential and forward thinking brands of today, including Kering, LVMH, Forevermark, IWC and the British Fashion Council to name a few, identify the most impactful events of 2015 in the world of luxury and sustainability and how these will impact the luxury industry in 2016.
When it comes to how the global economy views the value of businesses incorporating sustainability, 2015 saw pivotal moments that made the importance for the luxury industry to play their part ever more apparent. Milestones and events such as the Modern Slavery Act, Sustainable Development Goals and COP 21 have paved the way for 2016.
This report presents insights from the previous year and looks forward to how these shape the biggest trends for 2016, specifically for the luxury industry from a social and environmental perspective, such as the demand from investment communities, consumer’s high expectations and innovation being key.
Key insights that have derived from the report include:
– luxury brands supply chains are at risk from scarcity, which will directly impact consistency in the quality of products: 46% of CEOs agreed that climate change and resource scarcity will transform their business
– investors are looking to ESG (environmental, social and governance) criteria to evaluate their investments: 71% of individual investors are interested in sustainable investing
– more than three in four millennials prefer to pay for an experience than a product, and expect these experiences to be available from brands across all industries
– economists are predicting a move from BRIC to MINT, and a new Big 10
– consumers can see the power they have to make a difference; from the products they buy to the choices they make
– Big Data needs to be used a source for innovation, identifying breakthrough ideas and creating new markets
Diana Verde Nieto, co-founder and CEO of Positive Luxury, said of the report findings: ‘Looking ahead at the year to come and what has come out of 2015 it’s undeniable that the luxury industry has a lot of room for growth in 2016, in terms of innovation, communication techniques and changing consumer perception. The most encouraging shift is within the investment communicate, who are truly seeing the value in companies who understand long-term business productivity while enhancing the welfare of people and our planet. I’d like to personally thank each and every person who has expressed their support and contributed to the report.’
The Executive Summary is available to download via www.positiveluxury.com or on request.
Like our Facebook Page
Eco-Friendly Decisions That Will Enhance Your Quality of Life
List of Fantastic Places for Green Consumers to Settle in South Carolina
6 Amazing Eco-Friendly Bedroom Design Ideas for Sustainable Homeowners
5 Great Ways to be a More Environmentally-Friendly Cannabis User
Amazing Approaches to Cycling for Promoting a Greener Lifestyle
Understanding The True Environmental Impact of Dentistry
Incredibly Important Benefits of Effective Ethically Made Anti-Virus Face Masks
Best Natural and Eco-Friendly Ways to Treat Dog Ailments
Green Entrepreneurs Find Creative Ways to Balance Ethical Goals with their Retirement Objectives
The Surprising Environmental Benefits of Using an Organic Mattress
From Store to Door with Minimal Impact: How Companies Are Eco-Friendly Innovators
A Guide to Investing In Renewable Energy Stocks in 2021
Creative Ideas to Practice Eco-friendlier Consumerism
Hawkers Launch a Truly Innovative Eco-Friendly Sunglass Line
Everything You Need to Know Before You Start Using Renewable Energy in 2021
The Curtis Institute of Music Makes Facilities More Energy Efficient
What Can Ecotourists Learn from Visiting Chernobyl?
5 Essentials for Promising Eco-Friendly Businesses to Thrive in a New Economy
Charity Organizations Who Are Taking Steps to Become More Environmentally Friendly
Mastering the Art of Trading Bitcoins Profitably and Sustainably
- Editors Choice12 months ago
10 Green Companies With Amazing Environmental Initiatives
- Features12 months ago
5 Sustainable Home Improvement Ideas To Improve Your Home’s Value
- Energy12 months ago
10 Amazing Energy Saving Hacks for Spring
- Invest11 months ago
4 Super Simple Solutions To Create The Perfect Eco-Friendly Home