The Sustainable Society Network is based at the Imperial College London. It aims to develop a flourishing network of academics, researchers, companies, communities and NGOs that wish to understand how digital technology can create a sustainable society.
Blue & Green Tomorrow is currently running a crowdfunder to ensure its survival. Please pledge.
The network describes sustainable societies as those that consider the impact of current decision making, and look to protect the use of economic, social and natural resources for the benefit of future generations.
The institute has four main research themes, the first looks at how built environment interactions at the macro an micro-level can shape future sustainable societies, whilst the second looks at how to sustainably mange and analyses digital data that is continuously growing.
- 10 Ways to Make your Home Eco-Friendly
- These 3 Companies Are Helping the Environment through Corporate Social Responsibility
- ‘Landmark Moment’ For Industry Welcomed By Scottish Renewables
- IEMA Urge Government’s Industrial Strategy Skills Overhaul To Adopt A “Long View Approach”
- Sustainable Football: Which Team is Greenest?
The other two themes cover balancing the needs of the public-driven government sector with the market-driven private sector to ensure infrastructure is sustainably delivered and looking at consumers behavioural change though digital technology.