Blue & Green Daily finds and summarises the top sustainability stories around the web every morning. We start with our own picks from Blue & Green Tomorrow.
- Applications For German Energy Start Up Award Accepted Until The End Of January
- Campaigners Appeal With EU To Make Food Waste Promise Binding
- 10 things every person can do to prevent climate change
- WWF Scotland Praise New Energy Strategy
- Friends Of The Earth Scotland Respond To Scotland’s Energy Strategy
28 April headlines
Extreme weather already on increase due to climate change, study finds
Extreme heat waves and heavy rain storms are already happening with increasing regularity worldwide because of manmade climate change, according to new research. Guardian.
Vatican urges action on climate change
The Vatican Science Academy will urge Christians to take action on climate change because it threatens the world’s poor. BBC.
Germany seeks G7 climate financing pledge to aid poorest nations
The biggest advanced economies plan to signal to poor nations that they’re willing to spend more money to help them cope with climate change, a move that could inject fresh life into UN talks on greenhouse gases. Bloomberg.
We’ll need Russian gas for years to comes, says Centrica
British Gas owner Centrica says it is “unrealistic” of European leaders to think they can find alternative energy sources soon and Europe will remain dependent on Russian gas for years to come. Telegraph.
Resources from boom to near bust – Money Management
Photo: Sanja gjenero via Freeimages