Vigeo and Morningstar report that in 2015, the European SRI retail fund market has grown by 8% with assets under management reached now almost €136 bn (€127 bn in 2014) representing 1.7% of the overall retail funds market. The number of funds increased considerably (+26%) and reach a record figure of 1,204 funds (957 in 2014).
France and the Netherlands show a growth of +4% and +7% respectively, while other major countries experienced a decline: Belgium -10%, the United Kingdom -7% and Germany -5%.
These trends are extracted from the 15th edition of the study “Green Social and Ethical Funds in Europe”, the yearly report produced by Vigeo Italy in partnership with Morningstar for June 2014 to June 2015.
This year, they report that in Europe:
– The four largest markets (France, UK, Switzerland, Netherlands) confirm their leadership, accounting for 68% of European assets.
– All small markets gained new assets: Spain (+19%), Austria (+17%) and Italy (+2,5%).
– France was confirmed as the largest European SRI retail market (35% of the total) and is characterised by a high proportion of fixed income funds. The UK remained in second place (15%), outstripping other countries.
– The Netherlands retains the highest country market share for SRI retail funds even if it decreased to 16.3% this year compared to 17.8% in 2014.
– This confirms Belgium ranking second (9.3%) in terms of penetration of SRI funds in the retail funds market. The potential for the development of sustainable savings appears high in France where this type of fund represents only 6% of assets.
Equity funds (52% of the total) still outweigh fixed income funds (27%) and balanced funds (21%). However their share has not yet reached again the 2007 record of 67% . Amongst the five highest performing SRI funds this year, four are French.
Fouad Benseddik, Director of Methodology at Vigeo said: “SRI continues to represent a form of investment that is dynamic and a forward looking solution. Number of funds, assets under management and players engaged continue to growth which confirms the capacity of SRI to resist to the crisis.”
Like our Facebook Page
How to Find an Eco-Friendly Termite Control Service Provider in Malaysia
Eco-Friendly Vegans Win Most Battles Not the War
3 Iconic Chicago Billboards Eco-Friendly Advertisers Can Learn from
EnviroSolar’s Abe Issa Discusses Success in Green Entrepreneurship
How Sports Could Be Impacted by Climate Change
What Eco-Friendly Patients Should Know about Online Therapy
6 Reasons Why Meal Delivery Services are Eco-Friendly
The Path for Retail’s Sustainable Future
4 Eco-Friendly Ways to Treat a Sinus Infection
4 Strategies for Eco-Friendly Real Estate Investors to Find Properties
How Managed Print Services Helps to Reduce Paper Waste
Why Scientists Are Concerned About ‘Forever Chemicals’ In Drinking Water
Meat Farming Is Only Getting Smarter, Easier & Eco-Friendlier
What is Eco-Friendly Homesteading and How Does it Affect Your Insurance?
Importance of Using a Water Purifier in an Area with High Pollution
Alternative Financing Ideas for Green Businesses that Shun Banks
Tencel Material Demand Shows Britain Is More Eco-Friendlier Than Ireland
How To Invest in Clean Energy Stocks in Only Five Easy Steps!
How To Secure Funding As An Eco-Entrepreneur?
4 Amazing Eco-Friendly Businesses Worth Starting in 2021
- Features8 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy9 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features8 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Invest10 months ago
The Eco-Friendly Evolution of Bitcoin Over the Years