Vigeo and Morningstar report that in 2015, the European SRI retail fund market has grown by 8% with assets under management reached now almost €136 bn (€127 bn in 2014) representing 1.7% of the overall retail funds market. The number of funds increased considerably (+26%) and reach a record figure of 1,204 funds (957 in 2014).
France and the Netherlands show a growth of +4% and +7% respectively, while other major countries experienced a decline: Belgium -10%, the United Kingdom -7% and Germany -5%.
These trends are extracted from the 15th edition of the study “Green Social and Ethical Funds in Europe”, the yearly report produced by Vigeo Italy in partnership with Morningstar for June 2014 to June 2015.
This year, they report that in Europe:
– The four largest markets (France, UK, Switzerland, Netherlands) confirm their leadership, accounting for 68% of European assets.
– All small markets gained new assets: Spain (+19%), Austria (+17%) and Italy (+2,5%).
– France was confirmed as the largest European SRI retail market (35% of the total) and is characterised by a high proportion of fixed income funds. The UK remained in second place (15%), outstripping other countries.
– The Netherlands retains the highest country market share for SRI retail funds even if it decreased to 16.3% this year compared to 17.8% in 2014.
– This confirms Belgium ranking second (9.3%) in terms of penetration of SRI funds in the retail funds market. The potential for the development of sustainable savings appears high in France where this type of fund represents only 6% of assets.
Equity funds (52% of the total) still outweigh fixed income funds (27%) and balanced funds (21%). However their share has not yet reached again the 2007 record of 67% . Amongst the five highest performing SRI funds this year, four are French.
Fouad Benseddik, Director of Methodology at Vigeo said: “SRI continues to represent a form of investment that is dynamic and a forward looking solution. Number of funds, assets under management and players engaged continue to growth which confirms the capacity of SRI to resist to the crisis.”
Like our Facebook Page
Can You Use Your PC In an Eco-Friendly Manner?
How Pain Management Hurts the Environment, and What You Can Do to Help
4 Countries That Have Banned Single-Use Plastic
What Is Your Carbon Footprint and How Can You Reduce it?
How Business Leaders Can Positively Impact Water Scarcity
Plant-Based Protein Coffee is Eco-Friendly & Healthy
Eco-Friendly Restaurants That Are Bringing the Outside Inside
5 Environmental Benefits of Custom Manufacturing
How to Reduce the Carbon Footprint of Your Office
Benefits of Starting an Eco-Friendly eCommerce Business
Brian Sheth and Sheth Sangreal Foundation Donate $15 Million to Global Wildlife Conservation
Eco-Friendly Gardeners Can Make Compost from Organic Waste
8 Great Tips to Find an Eco-Conscious Moving Company
Can Employers Help the Planet with Work from Home Policies?
Creating a Green Basement Environment for a Healthier Home
Switching to an Electric Car to Help the Environment? Here’s How to Find the Cheapest Insurance
More People Are Practicing Eco-Conscious Lawn-Care
Choosing the Best Air Filter as Pollution Levels Worsen
9 Tips to Write Stellar Papers as an Environmental Science Major
Why You Need to Know These Hard Facts About Ethical Investing
- Energy3 months ago
How To Choose the Right Solar Inverter for Your Home?
- Energy3 months ago
How to Choose the Best Solar Panel for Your Home
- Environment10 months ago
Importance of Using a Water Purifier in an Area with High Pollution
- Environment3 months ago
Reduce Industry Footprints with Sustainable Material Swaps